End of Summer Empties

Hi y'all,

Again, I have to apologize for being a bit absent over here... I'm sorry, I've been incredibly busy with something but I promise I'll try to post more regularly very soon! I haven't even done an August favourites, but to be honest I haven't really discovered anything new, hence I feel like there really wouldn't be a point doing one... Hopefully when September ends (haha, who else was reminded of the Green Day song? :D) I'll have collected some favourites to share!

In the meantime, I have been using some beauty products up (it's not as many as my previous empties posts, the last one in July and the first one I ever did in April. I learned from my mistake there not to include too many!). Since I am always fascinated by what other people have loved so much they've used the whole product up, I thought you might enjoy my empties as well :)


This time, they're in no particular order. I'll start logically left to right :) I finished the TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Brushable Hairspray. I have to say it was a very nice hairspray, I like a lot of the TRESemmé hair products. I can't say I noticed it was considerably more natural-looking than other hairsprays I've used or allowed more movement, but I thoroughly enjoyed the scent, which is quite sweet. I can't put my finger on what the scent is exactly. The best way I can describe it is if Barbie had a hairspray, it would smell like this :) It also reminds me of really nice, expensive hairsprays in salons. I've already replaced the hairspray with a VO5 High Volume Weather Resistant Hair Spray (because I know it will rain A LOT in the autumn and my hair tends to get quite frizzy...). It's a massive 400ml bottle! The scent is a lot more salon-y and not really sweet at all, but I love it nonetheless. There's something about that salon scent, it's so lovely if you get a whiff of it off of your hair :) The VO5 scent actually reminds me of the got2b 2 sexy Volume hairspray I had before the (Un)Done one (I'm sorry if I'm confusing you with all the hairsprays!), so if you like got2be, you might like this too :)

Next, I've ran out of my Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate & Lemon Verbera deodorant. I really loved this deodorant, it is efficient and it hasn't stained my clothes once, which is something I always find so annoying! The scent is really fresh (as the name promises, haha). I've already replaced this with another scent in the range, cucumber and green tea, and they are both equally amazing :) If there's more scents in the range, I'm sure I'll be purchasing one of those next! Though the cucumber one is in a huge 250ml bottle, so I doubt I'll need to replace it anytime soon.

Recently I replaced my toothpaste. I'm generally very happy with the whitening toothpastes out there, this one happened to be Colgate but I'm not too fussy with the brand. Overall, I'd recommend using a whitening toothpaste if you're looking for whiter teeth, personally I've found they work really well regardless of the brand. One thing I'd advise to do though is to replace your toothbrush regularly. I do it every time I replace my toothpaste so I don't forget :) I'm sure it's beneficial for overall mouth health and I'm convinced it also helps keeping your teeth white :)

I used up a Boots Extracts Fruity Strawberry Body Butter. I generally run out of body lotions super quick so I find myself needing to replace them very often! Actually, I was really surprised by the quality of the Boots Extracts range, I found no difference to more expensive body lotions and all the scents are super yummy! Next, I think I might want to try the coconut scent in the range, I love love love coconut scent and I feel like it might be a nice reminder of summer during the colder months :)

It's already been a while since I ran out of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara but I'm including it here anyway since I've kept the tube :) I was very happy with this mascara and to be honest, I've since used the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, which is a really amazing mascara, but I prefer the Maybelline one! Which is good since it is considerably cheaper :) I've already bought a new one and can't wait to start using it!

I bought the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream last summer (or actually I got it from my mum as she didn't have use for it), so I'm kind of glad to get rid of it finally :) But, truth be told, it is one of the best BB creams I've ever used. The consistency is kind of interesting, it's quite thick compared to other BB creams, so I found I only needed the smallest amount per application, maybe that's why it lasted me so long! I was so impressed that I would repurchase it were we not heading for autumn/winter, when I feel like I need more coverage than a BB cream. But I might come back to this one next summer!

Finally, last but not least, I've completely used up my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. This definitely lives up to all the hype, it's the best-coverage concealer I've used. I've replaced this with the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer, and even though it is nice for under the eyes and provides medium coverage, it feels a bit like a let-down after the Lasting Perfection concealer :( So I might be buying a new one of these, especially since I feel like I might be needing more coverage during the winter when my tan fades! Does anyone else feel like they can get away with less coverage with a tan? :)

So that's it, products I've been using up over the past month or two. I solemnly promise to be back soon, possibly with a September favourites! It will include a lot of autumn-y things I feel, it is definitely feeling like the end of summer now! That's where the name for this post comes from :)

Love you, you'll hear from me soon!

Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts