Christmas Favourites!

Since it is now officially December, I thought I'd add some festivity to my blog by listing some of my Christmas-related favourites. First I'll list my favourite Christmas movies as December nights are the perfect time to snuggle up in front of festive flicks!

Films

Nativity 1+2+3: These movies are as festive as they get. Brilliant actors, actually funny jokes and adorable children! There's also some really good music that will be stuck to your head for days after you watch one of these! I just recently went to see the third one, which I must admit was not as good as the first two but worth seeing anyway. Mary Christmas! :D

Love Actually: A Christmas must. Seriously. Love Actually is one of my all-time favourite films, and the fact that it gets you in the Christmas spirit is just a huge plus. Although you can obviously watch it any time of the year. I haven't seen this since I moved to London, so I'm so excited to maybe recognise a few places now that I've lived here for a while! I've consciously saved this for later in December and I can't wait!

Holiday: Another one of my all-time favourite films that also happens to be super-festive! I love Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz (let alone Jude Law), and it is just so nice to see all of them in the same movie. I think Holiday sends a very important message of how sometimes you just need to take a break and look at things from a different perspective to appreciate all the things that are great in your life, and that sometimes taking chances pays off, both things that I sometimes need to be reminded of. This film has some great versions of traditional Christmas songs.

Disney Christmas story collections: Nothing says Christmas to me more than Christmas-themed Disney short stories. I recommend Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and Mickey's Twice Upon a Christmas that are available on Netflix. Again, they are super-festive and a perfect length to watch while munching on some Christmas goodies (my favourites are Quality Street sweets and Lindt chocolate bears).

Joulupukki ja noitarumpu (Santa Claus and the Magic Drum): Probably a weird one for international audiences but a classic for Finnish children. This is a film by a Finnish children's book writer and illustrator Mauri Kunnas. It has some really talented voice actors, very original animation and of course festive joy with a Nordic flavour. I like to include this in my festive film collection just to avoid having too much of an Anglophile Christmas :) Unfortunately I'm not sure about the availability for any of you who might be interested in checking it out.

My Christmas Playlist 2014

I'll also list my favourite Christmas songs that have made it to my 2014 X-Mas Playlist!

1. Bastille - O Holy Night Such a beautiful song, and sung by Bastille it is even more amazing!
2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Inspired by the new Coke bottles :D
3. Band-Aid 30 2014 - Do They Know It's Christmas
4. Paul Baloche - O Come All Ye Faithful/We Adore You
5. Glee - Do You Hear What I Hear
6. I Saw Three Ships (Christmas Day in the Morning)
7. Justin Bieber - Mistletoe I'm sorry, it's just so festive!
8. Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You I also love the Love Actually version of this song
9. Britney Spears - My Only Wish This Year
10. Celtic Woman - Walking In The Air

This should be enough to get anyone in a crazy Christmas spirit, and also to make anyone hate everything Christmas-related by Boxing Day! You're welcome :) I was planning on including my other favourite Christmas things including foods, things to do etc., but to keep this digestable I might do a part 2 later ;)

Cheerio until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts