April Favourites

It's April favourites time! I am very much enjoying collecting favourites in the spring time, I don't know why. Maybe because it's just easier to get excited about things when the sun's shining and it's warm and you can wear bright summer clothes.

Anyway, I'll crack on :)

I have two beauty-related favourites that are both facial makeup items. Firstly, I'm still enjoying my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, but if it is very sunny out I feel that it is a bit too heavy (because I don't want to block the sunlight out and I dread appearing to wear lots of foundation), and it might also be a tad too light for me since I've got a slight colour on my face now (emphasis on the word slight, but it's nice anyway). So, what I've been wearing on some days already and what I think I will increasingly be wearing in May is the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Daily All-in-One BB Cream. My mom actually gave this to me last summer because she wasn't getting any use out of it, which I'm very glad of because it is one of my favourite BB creams I've used :) As you might be able to see in the picture, I don't have all too much left because I was using it a lot last summer. I love it because it is very lightweight and sheer (I actually wear it in the shade "Light", and I feel that it never looks too light because it blends into the colour of the skin very well, and it is so light anyway). It is definitely a light coverage, but I think that is only good during the summer so that the skin can breathe and catch some sunlight :) I definitely noticed last summer that I got slightly tanned even when I was wearing this if I was outside for a longer period of time. Anyway, I'll be wearing this one until it runs out (maybe I'll include it in an empties video! :D).



The next makeup favourite goes with the Garnier BB cream, and it is the Rimmel London Blush in 012 Coral Rose (I'm not going to include a picture of it because mine is all broken up, but it's just proof that it's well loved!). I'm not too sure if it's still available because I bought mine ages ago, but I think I saw Rimmel still have the colour in their range, or a very similar shade at least, they might have changed the packaging or the name (I like Coral Rose though!). I love this blush in the spring/summer because I feel that it goes really well with a tan and it also works brilliantly with my skin tone and eye colour. I think Rimmel actually only have two blushes, and I also own the other one, I included it in my current makeup routine back in February!

The last favourite that is even remotely beauty related is also a bit random, but I recently (like a month or so ago) bought a new hand wash from Boots, I was running low on the old one and was able to purchase one with my Boots points, which I thoroughly enjoyed :) Anyway, Boots were running a promotion on the Baylis and Harding hand washes, and I picked one up in Wild Rose and Raspberry Leaf. It smells absolutely amazing, and is a very refreshing spring scent. I just love how my hands smell afterwards, which is a good motivation to wash my hands I guess! Though I don't want to be doing too much of that since I absolutely hate dry hands.



The last favourites are more of the things I've enjoyed doing in my freetime. Firstly, since it is been quite nice out, I've been going to the small garden we have in the house (technically, it is not in the house, but I think you get what I mean) and read. I think I also mentioned I've gotten a bit of a tan this way :) A book I've enjoyed reading outside a lot is Tell-Tale Heart and Other Writings, a collection of Edgar Allan Poe short stories and poems. I get that it does not fit especially well with a sunny weather and relaxing outside, but I think I like the contradiction there. I just feel so "cool" whipping out my Poe in the garden, even though most of the time there's no one watching :) Two of my favourite poems are The Valley of Unrest and Annabel Lee. I remember reading Annabel Lee back in high school and really liking it, which is the reason I picked up this book in the first place. The short stories are really good as well, so I definitely recommend giving Poe a read! (if you're not too sensitive, I guess)

Last but not least, probably my favourite favourite thing this past month has been Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I had watched the first two seasons of the show last year (around this time of the year actually), but I stopped watching it because I was moving to London and it all got quite hectic, and I never really picked it up until now. I have no idea why, because I love the show. I love that it combines the "fantasy" world of vampires, werewolves and all kinds of monsters with real school life (that's why I actually love Harry Potter as well, the combination of fantasy and reality). It is just like real life but more interesting :) It's also nice that the show was made in the late 90s because I'm really into the decade at the moment and the show just takes me back to my childhood :)

That's pretty much it, all the things I can think of I've been enjoying the past month. Have you enjoyed any of the same things or something similar, or perhaps something totally different? I'd love to hear, so please leave a comment or a link to your blog post/YouTube video!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts