Boots Haul, Candles + current favourite song

Hi y'all,

I know I haven't been writing in a long time, but I have a good excuse: since I last posted, I've started school and moved to a new city! I've gone back to uni in south-west England and I've had my hands pretty much full, to say the least. It's all been very exciting, but it's also meant I haven't had time to write anything here, or to go for a big haul or try out lots of new products either. That's why I don't really have any favourites to share with you from September, but I did quickly pop into Boots and a candle shop this week because I needed a few things and came out with a few more, so here goes :)

What I went into Boots to look for were a new day and night moisturiser. I'm running out of my The Body Shop Vitamin E series moisturisers so it's time for new ones. I was watching some YouTube videos the other day and an ad came on before a video I was about to watch. It was some beauty YouTuber who I did not know (and I don't remember her name now, sorry!), but I watched the ad which was her morning routine, and she was using this Olay Radiance moisturiser which really intrigued me (since I think autumn/winter is traditionally the season where it is rather difficult to have a healthy radiance in your face). So it seems eventually that the video got me to buy two moisturisers in the range, so they really do know how to grab me with the ads! The ones I got were the Olay Complete Radiance Illuminator Moisturising Lotion for normal/oily skin (I think it's great they had options for different skin types as I sometimes find it difficult to find a moisturiser to match my rather oily skin) and the Olay Complete Night Cream. The daily lotion has light reflecting particles so it should really help brighten my face, while the night cream has anti-oxidants and vitamins B3 and pro-V B5 to protect and moisturise the skin during the night. I don't think I've used any Olay products previously, so I'm really excited to give these a try :)


I also really needed a new toner, and I picked up the Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Clarifying Toner. I've been really into trying the pharmacist ranges in Boots, you know, the ones with white minimalist packaging and French names :) I think sometimes it's really interesting to try products with cool packaging that promise to do a lot of different things, but sometimes it's important to give your skin a breather and use products with a minimal amount of ingredients that will do good for your skin. This toner promises to be extra mild but effective and is free from alcohol, fragrance, colour and parabens, so no nasty extras! I don't necessarily have sensitive skin, but it's nice to know this product won't be irritating my skin any more than it already is from makeup, beauty products and just everyday living.


When in Boots, I wandered to the luxury bathing section, and I saw they had some Champneys products to clear. The prices were ridiculously cheap and since I am also running low on my body lotion, I grabbed the Champneys Spa Treatments Energising Lime Body SoufflĂ©. It was £2.50 for 300ml! I seriously recommend to check out the Champneys section in Boots right about now, they still might have the reduction on! I think the range is going out of season now, but honestly I think it will be nice to be reminded of summer during the colder months :) And in my opinion, refreshing scents like lime are in all year round!


Finally, a bit randomly I picked up a hand wash because I need one for the house. I got the Imperial Leather Cleansing Hand Wash, because I've always been kind of curious of the brand. Now that I've smelled it, it smells like a hand wash you might have in a hotel or something, which is always a nice association :)


Yesterday, I shopped for some candles for the autumn season, so exciting! I needed to hurry to be able to burn some before I get all into Christmas :D I got a small Yankee Candle jar in Sweet Apple which is a lovely sweet apple scent (there really is no better way of explaining it than the product name itself!) and 12 small Yankee tealights in Fireside Treats, which smell of marshmallows with a slight warmth and spiciness to it. I really restrained myself to not get too much (even now I'm not sure I'll be able to burn all of these down!... in a non-pyromaniac way :D) before I'll be getting Christmas candles...! In my local candle shop they had a lot of the Yankee Candles on sale, so hurry and get in on that action now! :)


Lastly, I said I haven't had a chance to get any favourites for you this month, but I do have one song I've been listening to quite a lot the past few weeks. It's called The Fight Song by Rachel Platten. It is a powerful song with great lyrics, but it's not exactly that the lyrics fit my situation now or that I'd been through anything to feel very connected to them. I just really like the melody and it's one of those songs that's very nice to sing along to (preferably loud when you're alone at home) :)

So that's it for this time, I am planning to post more regularly here but I won't make any promises as I know I'll be quite busy in the near future. Anyway, I can promise that I'll post as often as I can, and hopefully with a bit more variation than just hauls and empties! My blog's 1-year birthday is coming up as well, so something interesting will definitely happen then...

I hope you've had an eventful September, please tell me the most interesting that happened to you in the comments!

Until next time you lovelies!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts