Collective Haul - My Autumn Essentials

Hi y'all,

I'm doing a collective haul since I did a lot of retail therapy yesterday and collectively over the past month as well. Incidentally, I would consider a lot of the things I've purchased my autumn essentials, so I thought to combine the two, so here you go - my autumn essentials in the form of a recent haul!

I'll start with clothing. I went to New Look and Primark yesterday, which are both amazing places for affordable clothes. I absolutely love jumpers for winter time because they are so cosy and I think they look super cute with anything (and are super easy to wear!). The one in the following photo is from New Look. I love the high neck which is like a polo neck, but the jumper is still essentially a warm cosy one with quite a loose knit. I also really love the colour, it's kind of like a medium brown (or like a slightly orange-toned tan colour). I'm usually not a massive hat wearer, but I do think bobble hats suit me, so I love wearing them in the winter to keep my ears warm. I've been looking for one with a bobble like this for ages (I guess it's called rabbit fur, though mine's definitely not the real deal as it cost £3 from Primark! I wouldn't even want one though because rabbits are my favourite animals). I previously own a white bobble hat so I thought I'd get a lot of wear out of a dark green one which is, first of all, festive, but can be paired with lighter clothes for contrast (like the jumper here). It would also work really well with black :)


The second thing I picked up in New Look was some brown ankle boots. I realized I didn't really have any good mid-season shoes (apart from my wellies, but if it is not raining, which sometimes does happen, they're not very practical/comfortable). I'm sure I'll be wearing these the whole autumn/winter, as it does not really get too cold here in the UK. I think they'll look super classy and make any outfit look a bit more put together :)


When the cloak-type coats appeared last year, I really wanted one as I think they are such a classic piece that are super cool but not too outrageous for my wardrobe. I didn't get around to buying one/found one I liked then, but I did this year :) The one I bought is a really nice, simple fleece one from Primark, which can be turned over so it is just plain black (which is handy if I want to wear the cloak with light blue/brown trousers, for example). It is super soft and super warm, and I think it'll work amazingly with the shoes above :) In the photo, I paired it with a plain black shirt (also from Primark) that I purchased recently. I didn't previously own a plain high neck top, which I think is really an essential piece, and in black it will go with everything.



Also from Primark, I picked up new leggings/trousers to wear at home. I love to wear festive things at home when it gets to this time of the year, it is just so much more cosy, and comfortable :) I have my Christmas jumper from last year which I'll wear with these if I want to look extra Christmassy, but they'll add a nice festive touch to just a regular t-shirt :) These ones are actually super soft, they are like a knit material. I'm so looking forward to wearing these and a cosy jumper/shirt, watching festive films and lighting some Christmas-scented candles when it's cold and dark outside!


I'm including one thing from Superdrug I bought recently for the wintertime, because it is such an essential item for me when it starts to get cold. I hate having dry hands and my hands do tend to dry quite badly, but fortunately a good hand cream can save the day :) I've previously loved the Neutrogena Norwegian range which is absolutely amazing and which I would recommend to anyone suffering with dry hands. This time, however, I saw Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream, which intrigued me. I think it is essentially the same formula, which is like a concentrated, super moisturising cream. This one could be used for elbows, knees and feet as well, but I'll use it purely as a hand cream as I have other lotions for the other purposes :D I hope this will perform as well as the Neutrogena one. One plus side to this Palmer's Cocoa Butter one is that it smells absolutely amazing, like rich cocoa butter, and the richness and warmth to it makes it very appropriate for the season :) That was one thing I did not like about the Norwegian hand cream, it didn't have any smell, whereas I love a subtle scent to a hand cream.


Finally, the last thing I love to do during autumn/winter is have a bath, which is why my last two items in the haul are from Lush :) I don't actually think I've bought anything from Lush since last Christmas ("... I gave you my heart..." is it still too early for Christmas songs???) but now that it's October I am just craving a nice, relaxing bath :) Firstly, I picked up one of their classics, which is the Granny Takes a Dip Bubble Bar. I love sweet smells, but there is also a kind of muskiness to Granny Takes a Dip which makes it appropriate for autumn. It smells really lovely, and it's supposed to make really nice colours in your bath, in addition to the amazing bubbles :) I also picked up the Cinders Bath Bomb, which I think might be new to this season. It is an awesome warm orange/red/yellow colour (I'm not sure what colour the bath will turn into, though!), and it smells even nicer than the Granny Takes a Dip, in my opinion. It smells very autumnal and slightly spicy, but also very sweet. The fragrance is described as "hot fruit punch" on the bag, which sums the scent up quite nicely :) It also says "listen to the crackle of popping candy", so I'm really interested to see how that works out!


I hope you enjoyed this haul, you kind of got to take a peek at what I'll be doing/wearing this autumn :) Soon I'm sure I'll be starting to do some festive Lush/candle hauls as it's now October and officially the time to get excited about Christmas! Though I think I'll try to wait until after Halloween because I want to enjoy the autumn season to the fullest :)

What are your autumn staples? Have you been buying new things you know you'll use throughout the rest of the year? Please let me know, as always :) I'll be off for a bath now with the Cinders bath bomb for some serious relaxing me-time!

Love you all lots!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts