Amsterdam

I had not seen my twin sister since May, so quite spontaneously last month, we booked flights and a hotel in Amsterdam! So, that was where I spent this past weekend.

I had wanted to visit Amsterdam for quite some time - and I'm so glad we went! It's a really pretty city with many things to do, but it's still very compact, i.e. it's easy to walk everywhere (we didn't use the public transport at all - and I'm sure we got our 10,000 steps a day easily!).





We spent two days there, which I think is a good amount of time to get to know the city. However, if you want to spend a lot of time in the museums, I would perhaps suggest a three-day visit. We only went to the Anne Frank Museum (a must!) and to the sex museum (not for the light-hearted...), but had we had one more day in Amsterdam, I think we would have checked out some art in the Rijksmuseum or the Van Gogh Museum (p.s... the museum quarter is where the IAmsterdam letters are!).


The Red Light district was a must and very pretty, but I would definitely suggest going during the day, as I found the scantily-clad girls in the windows a little bit spooky even at 4pm.



And of course, I ate my bodyweight in pancakes and stroopwafels. So yummy!

Amsterdam makes such a nice weekend break with your friends or significant other, so I highly recommend going if you've been thinking about it! We got very lucky with the weather - 20C and sunny both days! I also really liked seeing Amsterdam in autumn colours - but I'm sure it's just as pretty any other time of the year.

Let me know if you've been or want to go to Amsterdam! I don't have any more trips planned as of yet but I hope there will be another travel post coming your way soon, as I love travelling so much.

Love,
Maddy-Lou



Comments

Popular Posts