March favourites

It's that time of the month again! I love rounding up my favourite things of the past month, as I think it's something nice to look back on :)

BEAUTY

Following a recommendation from Carrie Hope Fletcher on YouTube, I purchased the Botanics All Bright Hydrating night cream. I was looking for a new night cream, and this does the perfect job of making my skin really soft, and brightening it up. I think it also sinks into the skin really well - I never feel like it's transferring onto my pillow, even if I go to sleep quickly after applying the cream. I love it so much I've already repurchased it - so thanks, Carrie!


I've always loved using whitening tooth pastes, but for the past couple of months I've had to use normal ones. Now I'm back using the whitening ones and I feel like I can now only tell what a difference they make. The specific one I use is Colgate Total Whitening, but I do switch this up so I don't think any one brand performs better than others!


FASHION

This is not a fashion item per se, but I've recently re-discovered scrunchies. My favourite way to wear them has been in a high bun on the top of my head - the scrunchie keeps the bun in place, and I think it looks really cute too!


BOOKS

As you might remember, last autumn I read the Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I'd heard a lot of good things about it, and I really enjoyed the book, it now being among my all-time favourite books. I then heard about this other book by her called The Secret History, but I didn't have the urge to start reading it until a good friend of mine recommended it (and we have very similar taste in books). The Secret History is also quickly making its way into my all-time favourite books list. The story is very surreal but it's written so well that I can't help getting sucked into it. It is another longer book, but definitely worth taking up!

TV & FILM

In the beginning of the year, I went to the cinema almost weekly as I felt like there were so many good films coming out. I don't think I've been to the cinema once in March - I just don't feel interested in any of the new releases. However, I've been enjoying nights in even more. One current favourite is the new season of Derry Girls. I love the Irish humour and accent, and the show is actually really funny. It also doesn't hurt that currently the Great British Bake-off: Stand Up To Cancer is being shown before it, making Tuesday nights the ultimate TV night!

I hope you got some recommendations from my favourites above, and let me know what are the things you've enjoyed in March!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts