A weekend in Finland

I spent this past weekend in Finland (some of you might know that I am originally from there, and Finland is where most of my family still lives, apart from my twin sister who lives in Sweden). It was so nice to see my family and spend some time with them. It's always nice to go back just to access some of the Finnish "delicacies" (such as rye bread and liquorice - which I understand not many people outside of Finland like!) and see familiar landscapes.



I had a chance to visit Turku since my younger sister has recently started university there. I've never been there before, so it was very nice to see a new place in Finland!






The weekend was warmer and sunnier than I expected - and the autumn colours hadn't really appeared in the trees yet as it was still very green. It was a bit of a shame as I was really looking forward to seeing "ruska" (the Finnish word for autumn coloured leaves in trees), but then again it was nice to be there for a sunny and warm weekend! Especially as it was colder and rainy in the UK, haha! (Am I the only one who really enjoys it when you travel somewhere and it's very sunny and warm there, while the weather is worse where you left from... I'm not an evil person, I promise!)

I also went for a nice walk in a nearby forest - there something so relaxing about walking in a familiar environment!


My weekend was very nice - I completely switched off and forgot about work, and spent some great quality time with my family. My boyfriend came too, if you were wondering, and it was really nice for us all to spend time together.

Let me know if you've ever been in Finland, or would like to go!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts