September favourites

I thought I'd throw it all the way back and do a monthly/recent favourites (the last one I posted was in summer 2015, so way, way, way back). Read below what I've enjoyed in the beauty world in September, including some random favourites at the end!

BEAUTY

I recently received some Caudalie samples by post (I was alerted to these by Samantha Maria on YouTube - thanks Sammi!). The sample selection includes the Caudalie Vinopure Blemish Control Infusion Serum, the Skin Perfecting Mattifying Fluid and the Purifying Toner. You can buy the kit here (some of the sizes are bigger than my sample ones). They have all worked really well on me, some breakouts I had have disappeared, and the products have also made my skin very soft & even!


I've had a new mascara for a few weeks now, which I actually wasn't very excited to use - my all-time favourite mascara is the Maybelline Lash Sensational, but for some reason the last time my mascara needed replacing I picked up the Maybelline Colossal Go Extreme mascara in Leather Black. However, this mascara works really well, and makes my lashes full and long, and also curls them pretty well! Everything you want in a mascara, eh? So in the future, I won't be afraid to pick up other Maybelline mascaras, if my holy grail Lash Sensational is out of stock.


I bought the Essie nail polish in Ballet Slippers a few months ago - I admit it, I got the urge to purchase it when I heard it's the only nail polish the Queen uses, and that Meghan Markle has also started using the shade (I love Meghan Markle, especially her style which is so classic. I want to incorporate some ideas from her into my own style, even if for now it's just a nail polish). I've been using the Ballet Slippers nail polish a lot since buying it, I've got it on my nails now! Although the shade is very versatile and works in any season, I do think I might transition into more autumnal colours soon (like the matte purple Collection nail polish I picked up today...) and pick Ballet Slippers up again in January.




BOOKS, TV, RANDOM

I've recently really enjoyed reading The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. I had heard many good things about this book from work colleagues and on the internet, but didn't think to pick it up until now. The blurb didn't interest me much, in all honesty, but I'm so glad I chose to read it anyway. It's an easy read, and I find myself reading chapter after chapter without realising how much time has passed, and really getting into the story. The premise is original - I can't quite place it in any genre. All in all, it's a gripping tale, and even though it's a hefty book (almost 900 pages) I'm excited to keep reading!


Autumn is the best time for TV, in my opinion - a lot of good series starting, and some of my all-time favourite TV shows starting back up again after summer break. The two I'm enjoying at the moment are University Challenge and The Great British Bakeoff. I've watched both shows for quite a few years now, and they are such great feel-good programmes to watch in the evenings. Besides, they make starting a new week a little bit easier, as I now have University Challenge to look forward to one Monday evenings, and GBBO on Tuesday evenings!

Talking about TV and film nights curled up on the sofa - I started burning my Yankee Candle in Sparkling Cinnamon yesterday (I know, maybe a bit too early! But it can be classed as an autumn scent, not just a Christmas scent, right?) and I love it! It makes the room seem to cosy. And mine is going to last for ages, it's so big!



These are some things I've been enjoying in September so far - what about you? I'd love to hear your favourites in the comments!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts