My Travel Bucket List

Hi there!

Long time... no see... and it's not even the first time I've had to say that here on my blog! I apologise - but I hope you understand. I've been busy moving and starting a new job (you might remember that in this post, I told you that I'd started a new job in Belgium - well, now I've settled back in the UK), which all takes a lot of time and energy. It's no excuse, I know - but I'm ready to start blogging again, and hopefully this time for good!

As I was thinking of ideas for a first blog post being back, I was inspired by this blog post by TheCaityCat to gather a list of places I definitely want to visit. I love to travel and have been to 13 countries so far (give or take a few, hopefully I haven't forgotten any!), with 2 more in the near future, so I thought the perfect way to get back into blogging would be to let you know which countries are on my travel bucket list! Some of my destinations are similar to TheCaityCat (I found myself getting very inspired by her list!), but hopefully you'll find something new in my dream travel bucket list.

Ireland

I've never been to Ireland, even though it is not far from the UK, where I am at the moment. I would love to visit Dublin, which I am determined to do very soon - it is definitely doable as a weekend visit. However, I would also love to do a little roadtrip around Ireland and see some of the amazing coastal views (Cliffs of Moher would be a must).



Iceland

Being originally from Finland, I have already seen the Northern lights - although I'm sure it would be a completely different experience in Iceland! Besides, the geysers look amazing - the whole landscape looks amazing, if I'm being honest. I'm sure that a visit to Iceland would feel like a visit to a completely different planet.


Canada

I've always felt a certain connection to Canada - I think it mostly stems from the fact that Finland and Canada are basically very similar countries, from the love of ice hockey to the landscapes of fir trees and lakes. However, I've never had a chance to visit (despite doing my exchange semester for university in the US). I'm very open as to where in Canada to go - Toronto is obvious, but having studied French at school I'd also be interested to visit Quebec.


More of Italy

I was lucky to visit Italy this year (I stayed in Rome and also visited Venice and Naples) - having seen some of the country, I'm now hungry for more! I'd love to do a little tour of Northern Italy, visiting Florence, Pisa and Cinque Terre.


Guadeloupe

I've always wanted to visit a tropical island - I am still pretty open to options, but Guadeloupe seems like a great place to visit. It is somewhere my boyfriend wants to visit, so it's an option for a honeymoon!


Scotland

This year I visited Edinburgh, which I loved. However, I would like to see more of Scotland and do a roadtrip, seeing more of the beautiful countryside. Riding the Jacobite Steam Train and seeing the Glenfinnan Viaduct would be a dream (the massive Harry Potter fan that I am!)


Machu Picchu, Peru

There are not many sights around the world that I feel like I need to see - however, Machu Picchu is an exception. For some reason, it has always stuck with me - I loved learning about Incas and Mayas in history class, and the surrounding landscape looks breathtaking. I am not sure if I'll ever make it to Peru, but it's definitely at the top of my travel bucket list!



There you go - seven places I'd love to visit, and hopefully will make my way to at some point! I'd love to hear your travel bucket list destinations - leave them below in the comments, or link to a blog post of your own!

You'll hear from me soon again - I promise!

Love,

Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts