Budapest

I visited Bubapest this past weekend with my sister, and I have to say it's one of the most beautiful cities I've been to! I'm so glad we chose it as the destination for our short weekend away.


The weather was really on our side - it was sunny and at least +18C the whole three days (very good for end of March/beginning of April, I think). Budapest was quite a walkable city but still had lots of interesting things to do. We walked along the Danube river and saw some really pretty buildings.


We also walked up the Citadel hill. It was around 15 minutes of walking up quite a steep hill, but the views from the top were definitely worth it!


Quite near the Citadel there is Budapest's Central Market Hall. The ceilings and windows were very high, and the whole place had such an amazing ambience.


And we wouldn't really have visited Budapest if we hadn't gone to the famous SzĂ©chenyi thermal bath!


On the final day we walked up to the Fisherman's Bastion, which had very nice views (like the Citadel) but was much more walkable! The place reminded me of something out of Game of Thrones...


In all, Budapest is perfect for a short weekend break! Everything including hotels and food was very affordable there too. They had a lot of cute cafes and restaurants, and we definitely didn't have enough time to visit everywhere we wanted to!


Let me know if you've been, or if this post has inspired you to go!


Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts