25 Facts About Me

I thought it might be fun for you to know a bit more about me. Personally, I love reading little facts about other people and wanted to give it a go myself. So here are 25 randomly selected facts that I want to share with you!

1) I am 22 years old, I will be 23 in May.

2) I am 5'7''.

3) My middle name is Matilda, which is actually why my blog is called Maddy-Lou. I really like my middle name, I used to and still do love the book by Roald Dahl.

4) I absolutely love rabbits. They have to be my favourite animal/pet, even though I am also a cat and a dog person. I used to have two rabbits when I was about 13. Rabbits are just so cute, and I'll have to admit one of my guilty pleasures is reading pet books on rabbits even though I don't have them anymore. I don't know what it is about them, but I could spend hours reading about how to take care of young rabbits, what to feed them, how to build a safe garden for them... I think I'll get a rabbit when I get children of my own, and I'll happily join in taking care of it!

5) Now that I mentioned guilty pleasures, another one of mine is watching the Barbie movies. I actually only mean the oldest ones, I just took a look at the complete list and it's huge! My favourite ones are Barbie in the Nutcracker (a Christmas classic), Barbie as Rapunzel, Barbie of Swan Lake and Barbie as the Princess and the Pauper. The last one is actually my absolute absolute absolute favourite, I love all the songs in it and listen to them from time to time on Youtube. I also really like the plot, and me and my sister actually used to dress up as Anneliese and Erika (I was Erika) when we were young and sing the duets.

6) My favourite colour is coral. I can't wait for spring so I can wear it a bit more. Coral is such a spring staple in my wardrobe.

7) My native language is Finnish and in addition to English, I've studied four languages in school: Swedish (since I was 13), French (since I was 14), Russian (since I was 16) and Spanish (at uni). Unfortunately, I only have a basic knowledge of the languages since I haven't really used them after school.

8) I am a very visual person. It is very important for me to have a beautiful house and room. When I was in school, I used to learn visually. I would remember where exactly a specific fact was situated on a page (even though I did not necessarily remember the fact itself), or where a word was situated in a list of words for language tests. I think this kind of learning is quite common, but it is definitely true for me. I was also the student who would always have very colourful notes!

9) I am a shy and quite an awkward person. This used to bother me in school a lot and even now I'm afraid people think that I'm quiet and boring. However, I've come to accept my personality a lot more, and I think understanding is key here. I recently did the Myers-Briggs personality test and I learned that I am an INTJ. Reading the profile made me feel so much better, just to know that there are others out there like me, that there is nothing wrong with me and that I don't have to change who I am (even though I am working on being a bit more social this year, one of my New Year's resolutions). You can read about the different personality types here. If you feel even slightly insecure about yourself personality-wise, I strongly suggest taking the test.

10) I am passionate about beauty, as you can probably tell by my blog. However, I actually have a business education. I'd love to work in the beauty/cosmetics sector using my business skills and knowledge.

11) I am complete bookworm. When I was young I used to read A LOT a lot. I would go to the library several times a month and take out up to 14 books at a time. It got to the point where I was reading my favourite books over and over again. The ones I remember reading most are Harry Potters (obvs), Nancy Drew, Enid Blyton and Jacqueline Wilson. More recent favourites include Pride and Prejudice, The Great Gatsby, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. One of my favourite pastimes is going to a library/bookshop, I can spend literally (haha, pun intended) hours just browsing there.

12) I love mystery and crime. Agatha Christie is one of my favourite authors, and I also love to read Sherlock Holmes stories, Edgar Allan Poe (which is maybe a bit more horror-y) and Wilkie Collins, among others. I'm also addicted to similar TV series such as Poirot/Marple, Sherlock (the new and the old series are both good), Lewis, Endeavour and Midsomer Murders. Watching them is actually something my family likes to do together, even though it doesn't really seem to be the usual "fun with the family" type of thing.

13) I am very bad at remembering people's names, but I remember faces very well. I'm actually a bit OCD about faces. There's a moment in almost every film I watch where I go "Where has that actor/actress been before?". I usually remember it at some point during the film, or in the worst-case scenario I'll google them afterwards. This happens in real life as well, and I hate it if I can't remember where I've seen a person before (sometimes they even end up being people I see on the tube or something and I remember them working in a cafe or a shop).

14) Another thing I'm completely terrible at is estimating numbers/amounts. What I mean by this is, if someone shows me a picture of a crowd and tells me to estimate how many people there are in the crowd, I would straight-on panic. Or, if I'm shown a bath full of water and someone asks me to estimate how many litres of water are there, the only way I'll be able to give a sensible guess is by thinking how many 1-litre jugs of milk might fit in there, otherwise I'm totally lost. I would be the worst person in those "Guess how many peas there are in this pot?" games. I'd be one of the "answers ranged from...", and the more ridiculous out of those.

15) I am extremely afraid of spiders and any small bugs that crawl or fly. It doesn't really make sense because I absolutely love all other animals. I go in genuine horror and panic whenever I see one and I will scream even in public places.

16) I classify autumn 2013 as one of the best times of my life so far. I was studying as an exchange student in Florida, and I met so many amazing people there and did so many amazing things. Still, I hope that the coming years will bring something even better!

17) Smells and sounds often bring back very vivid memories to me. Again, I'm sure that this happens to lots of people :) I have perfumes and scented body lotions that take me back to specific times and places. I also associate songs with different times in my life, and I actually love creating playlists for events or periods in my life. In connection to this point, I am also a very nostalgic person.

18) My favourite season is summer, but I get excited for any season that's upcoming. Now I'm really excited for spring and bright colours! But if I had to choose one, my favourite would be summer.

19) My celebrity crushes have included Daniel Radcliffe, Cristiano Ronaldo, Billie Joe Armstrong, a Finnish ice hockey player goalie called Pekka Rinne, Jude Law and Benedict Cumberbatch.

20) I'm very mainstream when it comes to my favourite YouTubers. I like Zoella, SprinkeOfGlitter, Tanya Burr, grav3yardgirl and Jenna Marbles. A more unknown favourite of mine is a girl called Savannah Brown, she's amazing and lives in London. She hasn't made a video in a while though, but I'm subscribed and look forward to the next one :)

21) If I had to describe my 13-15-year-old self in one word, it would be Sims. I was never really into computer games, but somehow that game got me good and I was totally hooked. I remember being off sick from school and playing Sims the whole day. I was actually sick, but apparently not sick enough to have to lie down and rest...

22) My favourite films include Love Actually, Holiday, Valentine's Day, Grease, the Phantom of the Opera, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Juno and Titanic. A lot of romantic comedies, but apparently that is the type of film I can watch over and over again.

23) I get very cranky when I'm hungry. It's amazing how fast my mood improves as soon as I get some food in me :)

24) My soul animal/Patronus would be a meerkat.

25) The people I admire include Kate Middleton, Emma Watson and Grace Helbig. I wish I had Kate's gracefulness, Emma's intelligence and Grace's humour and laid-back-ness.

So now you know a bit more about me. It was a lot of fun coming up with these, and I feel like these facts are surprisingly effective in describing my personality.

I hope you enjoy this, the next post will most likely be fashion/beauty related again!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts