I Went to Bath!

Just to clarify, I didn't have a bath, I visited Bath, the city :) Now that I've got that out of the way, I'll just say that I really love Bath. It is a very historic city with ancient Rome architecture (if I remember correctly, the city was founded by Romans as a spa city). I was also intrigued by the city because it is featured in many Jane Austen books. Based on the books, I got the impression that it is a very diverse city with options to relax, walk around, shop, eat... Which is definitely true!

It was a weekend trip, so I had quite a lot of time to explore the city. On Saturday, I had a delicious burger (<3), had a mint chocolate chip ice cream, sat on the grass in front of the Royal Crescent, and soaked myself with the rich mineral waters of the Cross Bath. By the way, if you ever visit Bath, I really recommend visiting one of the spas. The Thermae Bath Spa is the most famous with a rooftop pool, which I'm sure is very nice, but if you are just looking to have a bit of relaxation and one pool is good enough for you, the Cross Bath is amazing. It is a stand-alone, open-air pool that is part of the Thermae Spa but half the price (almost) and a bit more private. I think the Cross Bath experience tied my whole Bath weekend together :)









On Sunday, I visited the Assembly Rooms and the Holborne Museum, ate lunch at Sally Lunn's, saw the Bath Abbey, took a walk along River Avon, and shopped in South Gate. I did find some nice pieces, which I think I'll include in a collective haul soon :)








I have been busy and a bit stressed out with work things recently (hence no new blog posts in a while), so it was really nice to get away for the weekend and unwind. Bath was the perfect city for that :)

Have you ever been to Bath, or did you perhaps do something else interesting during the weekend? Also, do you like these more travel-type posts? I am just such a travelling person and I find nothing as interesting as exploring a new place, so I have a feeling I might be doing more of these in the future :)

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts