Spring-themed Haul, Primark + Boots

I haven't recently been shopping in a massive way, but I have picked up a few pieces that I thought would be fun to share here since they are all kind of spring-themed and I am very excited about them! I'm currently enjoying the low-cost places for shopping (it just means I can get more with the same money!), so everything here is from Primark, Boots or H&M :)

I'll start with clothing items. I went to Bath last weekend like I told you, and I did do some retail therapy in South Gate. Firstly, I picked up some rings in H&M. I really liked these ones, mainly because I would love to wear rings more, but I'm just not very good at it. The main reason for this is because I find both very small rings and very large rings quite difficult to wear (small ones - because I fear they'll be mistaken for an engagement/wedding ring and because I don't know how many to wear at a time, and large ones - because I feel like it is such a statement to wear one and I rarely want to make one, also it's not very practical). So, I bought these glossy, smooth black ones that are perfectly in the middle ground size-wise (ha-ha) to transition into ring-wearing. I feel like they look cool and will go with anything. They were also in the sale for only 50p (!), so there's really no way I can lose here.


Next place I went to while in Bath was New Look. I'd been looking for a grey jersey dress (I think I've mentioned it in previous posts) to wear with my leather jacket in the spring, and I finally found one! It was also in the sale for £10, so a complete bargain (maybe the dress being in the sale means the style is already going out, but I don't care, it's exactly what I was looking for). I also think it'll be so easy to style this dress. In addition to a leather jacket, it will look cool with black heel boots, Converse, a dressy jacket, on its own... The possibilities are endless.


That is actually all I got in Bath. It's not much, but to be honest, I didn't spend too much time shopping there and the dress was a major purchase for me because I've been looking for it for so long. And in any case, the less I buy the better!

I did go into Primark in Bath and see one t-shirt that I fell in love with. Unfortunately, they didn't have one in my size, so when I got back to London I immediately ran to another Primark (my holy grail is the Primark in Hammersmith. Whenever I haven't found my size in any other Primark, there's always been one in Hammersmith. I've no idea why, but I love that I have this smaller, less popular Primark I can always fall back on.). It's just a plain light grey t-shirt with a high neck (not a rollneck, I just mean that there's no "plunge" at the neck) and a slightly cropped hem. I thought that this would be perfect to wear under hoodies, cardigans and any other type jackets because it is high-neck and I feel that high necks look really nice underneath other clothes, if that makes any sense... It is also very 90s and would look very nice worn with denim jeans/shorts, like I did here :)


Lastly, I took advantage of the "3-for-2" skincare promotion Boots had a while back (maybe it's still on now, I don't really know). I went in to look for a body scrub but obviously ended up getting more. I used to use a body scrub quite regularly, but I fell out of my routine a while ago. I think it was because I had a bit of a tan after summer and I wanted to keep it up as long as I could. Obviously, a body scrub will make your tan fade faster because it gets rid of old skin, so I stopped using one and haven't gotten back to using it since summer. Anyway, since I was going away to Bath and going to a spa, I just felt using a scrub would ensure my skin gets the most benefits out of the spa visit (and there's not really any chance of it getting rid of any tan. I'm pale as a... I don't even know, just something that is very pale). After careful consideration, I opted for the Soap & Glory Smoothie Star Oat, Sugar & Shea Breakfast Scrub. It's made with cupuacu (which, by the smell of the scrub, I guess is a kind of a coffee bean), bananas, almond and honey, and it smells even better than it sounds. It is actually probably one of the nicest-smelling body care products I've ever bought. It's kind of a both a salty and a sweet smell. It definitely smells like coffee, but the banana and almond soften the smell to make it smell like heaven. I've used it once now, which was like a therapy session for my senses. The scrub also left my body very soft. I hadn't even noticed, but the scrub just reminded me just how soft my skin can feel. Moisturising is obviously key, but my skin never feels softer than when I've used a body scrub. A scrub is definitely going back in my skincare routine, and I'll definitely continue using the Breakfast Scrub, if only for the smell.

During the same visit, because they had the "3-for-2" promotion on, I got sucked in by two moisturisers, one in the Soap & Glory range as well. It's the Smoothie Star Deep Moisture Body Milk, and it smells like the body scrub without the coffee, which makes sense since it is the same Smoothie Star range. The Smoothie Star smell is definitely my favourite out of the Soap & Glory scents. I also have the Sugar Crush body wash and I do like it, it just doesn't come anywhere close to the Smoothie Star. I guess it is a bit too citrusy for me. Finally, as my third product, I chose a moisturiser from the Boots own Extracts range, and it's the Fruity Strawberry Body Butter. The only reason I picked it up really was because it smells like Strawberries & Cream from Starbucks, which is my favourite Starbucks drink. It takes me back to good times when I've had the frappuccino :) I'd definitely recommend to check out the Boots Extracts range, they have some nice smells that are delicious and more basic than, say, the Soap & Glory ones, but also original enough to be interesting. The only down side I found is that the price is actually quite at par with Soap & Glory, which I found surprising since I thought the Boots own range would be much cheaper.



Anyway, here's what I've been hauling the past few weeks! Please let me know how you like them and if you've found anything interesting recently that you're super-excited about! I'd love to hear about them :)

I've been gathering up a few empties, so you might expect an "Empties" post from me within a few weeks. I'm also planning to do an update on how I'm getting on with my New Year's resolution (the fear). I'll obviously be doing March favourites, I've already got some lined up, and maybe I'll sneak a few FOTD/OOTDs in between... ;)

Let's hope for the rest of March to be as sunny as the first half!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts