A Collective Summer Haul! (Beauty, Fashion, Accessories)

As I previously mentioned, I've been doing some shopping in May for the coming summer. This is all very collective and I haven't done a big splurge all in one place. Hopefully you'll find this interesting nonetheless :) Also, I still have my eye on a couple of things, so rest assured there's more to come! ;) Finally, I'm not including all the bits and bobs I've purchased in this post, but I've decided on the things I feel would be most interesting to a reader. I guess that's written in the blogger rules anyway :D

I'll start with fashion items and accessories. The only item of clothing I've recently bought is a great find from H&M, it's a fluorescent pink sweater with some white knitting running through it, so it's kind of speckled (if my description makes any sense). I've been wearing it with black legging trousers, sneakers and sunglasses, and I completely love it! It has definitely become my favourite item of clothing since I bought it. And the most amazing thing is, it was on sale (I guess it is classified as winterwear, but there has been some chillier days when I've totally been able to wear it here, let alone during my holiday in Finland) and it was only £3 !!!



Next, I'd been looking for shoes like this for a while and since I thought I might as well get them cheap, I headed to Primark and picked up these white "platform" sneakers. They are very 90s and I love them! If the pink sweater has become my favourite item of clothing, these have become my current favourite shoes! They go with everything and are very comfortable, and I feel they add a nice vibe to any outfit :) And since it is Primark, they were cheap at £6 (though they have already become a bit black around the edges as you might be able to see. I think they'll last me through the summer, though).


Then, onto accessories. Just last Saturday, I popped into New Look, not really intending to buy anything. Every year around May I start feeling the need for a new pair of sunglasses, even though I never really need new ones (it's the same with bikinis. Are you like that as well? :D). I thought I'd convinced myself to restrain this year, but as it turns out I picked up a pair :O Oh well. They were only £6 as well so they didn't exactly break the bank, and to be 100% honest I do not have a pair like this. They are cool aviators with kind of purple ombre lenses, and the rims are white. I love them and I think they'll look cool with anything, but I most look forward to wearing them just casually, with maybe even no makeup on. There's not a cooler vibe than that, am I right ??


Beauty-wise, I'll start chronologically with my oldest purchase (the logical individual that I am). For a while, I've been looking for a signature perfume since I've never really gotten to wearing them but I love when people have their own signature "scents". I was looking for something fresh and "clean" as I think that is the most attractive scent, and with that in mind I picked up, after a good few weeks' search, the Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl fragrance. It is very fresh, maybe a bit "soapy" but very good in my opinion. It also smells quite expensive though it really wasn't :) I just smelled it to describe it to you and it already reminds me of living in London and going shopping to Kensington High Street, which is the best part of having and wearing fragrances in my opinion, the memories they bring :)


I'm running out of quite many of my skincare items at the same time and I've gotten round to replacing one part (or two, kind of). When I was on holiday in Finland, I noticed that The Body Shop we're having their Loyalty Card days where the loyalty card holders get all kinds of exclusive deals. I have the Finnish Body Shop loyalty card, and I'm not sure if it works here in the UK. It probably doesn't, but it would be cool and very handy if it did! Anyway, I like their page on Facebook and I saw that they were having good deals, so I popped in there to look for some skincare items. The Body Shop is one of the best places for skin care, in my opinion. This time, I ended up picking up their (new? saying that, I'm actually not sure it is new, but newish at least) Vitamin E Moisture Cream and Aqua Boost Sorbet. Initially, I thought the Moisture Cream is a day cream and the sorbet a night cream, but the girl at the till actually recommended using the sorbet during the day because it is much lighter and to let the moisture cream sink in at night. They both smell really good and I'm very excited by the texture of the Aqua Boost Sorbet :) I'll report back on these two as I've yet to start using them!


Finally, the only makeup item I've bought over the last one or two months is the new Benefit Roller Lash mascara. I'm pretty sure everyone has one by now, and I do not wonder why. It is amazing and I have to say I also really like the packaging, it is very feminine which I feel is very appropriate for a makeup product. It lengthens, thickens and separates lashes amazingly. However, I have to say that I'm also really enjoying the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara I bought back in January. It has a similar wand and I guess it aims for a similar result. The result is not the same, but it is a very nice mascara all the same, so if you're not ready to fork out £18 for a mascara, you can just opt for the £5 Maybelline dupe (I actually bought my Roller Lash on the airport when I was going to Finland, it was a bit of a spur of a moment thing. I'd been contemplating whether or not to buy it or not for a while, and then I saw it there on the duty-free section and I grabbed it. I paid around £16.50 for it then, not a massive discount though :D).



 That has to be it, otherwise I'll need to ban myself from the shops for the rest of the summer :D But seriously, I'm pretty sure I'll be shopping during the summer months as well, so there might very well be a haul quite soon! :)

Until then!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts