May Favourites

Hi again!

It's been a while, I'm sure you've had other things to do too :) May was very busy for me as I had my birthday, and I also went for a holiday back home in Finland. It was a very relaxing break and was perfect for me to take my mind off work things and appreciate family and friends in a completely new way. Sometimes it's just so nice to get to hang out with people who know you well and who you can be 100% yourself around <3

Anyway, I thought I'd start off with another monthly favourites. I have a feeling I won't have that many since I've been pretty stuck on my routine both beauty, skincare and fashion-wise, and because I went on holiday and was busy with other things. There are some items I want to share with you, though.

Makeup-wise, I've used pretty much the same things, again (you can take a look at what I talked about in my previous favourites in April and March). However, recently I've rediscovered three items in my makeup bag, the first of which is an IsaDora Inliner Kajal in 56 Blonde. I've been doing a lot of bronze eyes with a nude lip, and I think it adds a really nice touch to pop some light pencil in the inner corner of the eye, as well as on the lower waterline and on top of a black pencil on the upper lashline. I think it really brightens and opens up my eyes, so it's perfect for summer!


Secondly, I've paired the above-mentioned eye makeup look with a YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick in 13 (the only YSL product I own that I bought about a year ago). The shade is called Peach Passion, but actually it doesn't say that on the tube, at least not the one I have, so I had to google it. A bit inconvenient... But, I absolutely love the colour and the scent of the lipstick as well. It is also very luxurious packaging, which is always nice to whip out :) Anyone else get unnecessary satisfaction from owning luxurious makeup in beautiful packaging? And, it works really well with the makeup look I've described :)



Finally, a bit more recently, I've also rediscovered my Maybelline Colorsensational Shine Gloss in shade 360 Stellar Berry, which is a gorgeous purple (I also included it in my Favourite Lip Products back in February!). It's not very summery, but I like wearing a deep lip every once in a while even in the summer, and I feel this lipgloss is very "Taylor Swift in the Blank Space video", which is where I found the inspiration to dig this gloss out :) (Eww, that actually sounds a bit gross put like that! I probably shouldn't have used "dig" and "gloss" in the same sentence.) Also, I feel that if you want to use a dark red/purple lip colour in the summer, it is much better to go for a lipgloss rather than a matte lipstick. The colour in the Maybelline one is quite strong and longlasting, even though it is a gloss, so you don't have to sacrifice the effect :D



As I usually include a book in my monthly favourites, I'll do so now as well :) I've just finished reading a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (it's called the Return of Sherlock Holmes, but I've also read the previous book in the series called The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes). I like both the original Sherlock Holmes tv series and the modern version with Benedict Cumberbatch (mostly because of Benedict Cumberbatch, haha), but I also really like reading the original stories. Of the books, I've only read the Hound of Baskerville, but the other books are also on my reading list. Personally, I really like reading short stories, I think the concept of short stories is perfect as you are not going to forget the plot and the characters even if you don't advance that much in the book as you can start in the beginning in every story :) I think it also keeps you more motivated in reading and I feel like I finish books faster if they are in a short story form. Anyway, I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes both because I love mystery and because the main location is London! :) I especially liked the story "The Dancing Men", I very much recommend giving it a read if you're a fan of detective literature!

When I think about the month of May, there is one sports event that stands out to me, even though I'm not a massive sports person. Every year, around May-time, I get excited for the Ice Hockey World Championship games. I'm pretty sure no one reading this will be an ice hockey fan, but I absolutely love it! It is definitely my favourite sport, it even outweighs football :D The games are played over a two-week period with games pretty much every day. So, every day after work I'd put a game on in my laptop :) I watched the games through a Canadian online channel, no place in the UK would show them. Unfortunately, Finland did not make it very far though we are normally quite good. Well, there's always next year! And actually, I have one music favourite that I want to include that I found out about through the Canadian ice hockey broadcast. During one commercial, they were playing a song called "Let's Go" by Vinyl Hearts, and I liked it so much I had to google it. It's a very good song, and since then I've also discovered "I Am" by the same band. Give it a listen if you like Bastille, Owl City and that type of music. I listened to them when I was driving around in my car in Finland, such good feel-good summer songs! Haha, I love it when I find new songs to listen to in random ways! Do you know what I mean? Sometimes I hear a song playing in a shop or in the background of a commercial, and I remember one line of the lyrics and google it later! :D

I have one more favourite for the month of May. Last Sunday (which actually happened to be the last day of May, haha), I went to see Pitch Perfect 2. I saw the first movie only a couple of months ago and I really liked it and especially the humour in it. It is very clever and very funny and I think it's great they are not afraid to make fun of different types of people, they basically laugh at so many types of people in a balanced way so it is not offensive. So, I was quite excited to go see the second part, but it was even more amazing than I expected. I especially liked Amy, played by Rebel Wilson. She must be so self-confident to be able to laugh at herself, I definitely do not come anywhere near her! I also liked that some of the movie took place in Denmark, it's always nice to see Scandinavia represented! All in all, the movie is very funny and I was laughing my butt off so many times in the movie theatre. I'd recommend it for everyone, I can't imagine that anyone could not find the jokes funny, unless maybe you don't have a sense of humour or something (but if you are here you must have one, to be honest, or you wouldn't be sitting reading this stuff in the first place... Ahhhaah :D)

I think that pretty much sums up my May. It was a very nice month for me overall, I had an amazing birthday weekend and a relaxing holiday back home :) I've done some shopping though, probably more than any other month so far this year (I have to stock up for summer, right ???), so you can expect a very collective haul soon, I'll try to do one by the end of the week! It is going to be extremely collective though, I've bought some beauty things, some clothes, some shoes, some accessories.... Anyway, I won't give away too much so you'll have something to look forward to!

Let's hope it gets summery soon, I've been waiting for shorts and sunglasses all year !!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts