A Small Boots Haul

I've been doing quite many visits to Boots lately. Part of the reason is that I'm currently running out of many of my makeup and skincare items. Also, some of my Boots coupons were expiring, so I felt like I had to go there. Yes, I know it doesn't make much sense, and yes, I'm a total coupon addict!

Anyway, I wanted to collect here some of the things I've been picking up that I'm excited about.

First of all, I had a coupon where I received some extra Boots points if I purchased a Soap & Glory item (I guess it's because I've been spending quite a lot of money on their bodycare.. oops!). I'm quite happy with everything I have in my bodycare routine at the moment (bodywash, body lotion, and body scrub, all of which are Soap & Glory :D), so I wanted to purchase some of their makeup. Last summer, I bought the Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil, which I really liked. However, I felt like I maybe did not get my whole money's worth out of it since I mainly liked using the felt tip part. I noticed that in the Archery range, Soap & Glory also had a 2-in-1 brow filling pencil & brush, which looked interesting. I've never really used a brush for my eyebrows, but I can imagine it is an essential part in achieving a natural brow look. Also, the concept reminded me of the Maybelline Brow Drama pen everyone's raving about at the moment. I ended up buying the pen in Hot Chocolate (which actually ended up being quite a challenge to find since it was sold out pretty much anywhere. Finally, I managed to get my hands on one, which was the last one in the display as well. Overall, I had quite a lot of trouble finding the 2-in-1 brow filling pencils in shops, they mostly only had the brow tint pencil. I hope this doesn't mean they're discontinuing it, as I've already used it a couple of times and actually really like it!)


Next, I've bought a new bronzer, as well as a new powder. I think I mentioned sometime in the spring that I'm finally running low on my powder, which I think I've had for multiple years now. It is one of those products for me that never runs out. I've had the Maybelline Dream Matt Powder compact for as long as I've been putting on makeup, basically. I did purchase a new bronzer last autumn, but 9 months is still quite a long time to use up a bronzer. Anyway, I bought new ones of those recently, and I ventured into new brands with both. Firstly, instead of the Rimmel Sun Shimmer bronzer I currently have (and like), I saw that Collection (I've never previously owned anything of theirs, apart from the classic concealer) had a Bronze Glow bronzer in a matt shade, which I think is very important as I mostly use bronzer to contour. As I said, the last few times I've bought a bronzer I've opted for the Rimmel one which is shimmery, so I'm really interested to see how a matte bronzer will do the job (a lot better, I think). I have it in shade 1 Terracotta, and it was really cheap as well (£1.99). It also says to contain Vitamin E, which I think cannot hurt my skin :) For my powder, I've actually for quite a while already wanted to try the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (but as I said, I haven't needed to buy one for a long time :D), which I've never had before (shock, horror!). I've heard it's great at keeping your skin mattified, which I definitely need during the summer at least. I also bought it in the shade 001 Transparent, which will consequently suit me in all seasons. Considering how long I had my previous powder, this will be a very good thing :) I'm so excited to start using these both!


The last and probably most boring thing in my haul (I'm excited for it too, though!) is a deodorant. I picked up a Dove Go Fresh 48h Anti-Perspirant in a Cucumber & Green Tea scent. First of all, I love Dove as a deodorant brand, and especially the spray versions (I've never really gotten on too well with stick deodorants, they always end up on my shirt even if I try to wait before I put my clothes on). Currently I own the spray deodorant in Pomegranate and Lemon Verbena scent, and this new one, I have to admit, smells even more amazing. It is very fresh, which I think is always a good thing in a deodorant :) I definitely recommend this deodorant for everyone, it is such a lovely scent, especially now in the summer :) It was half off as well, and I was able to buy it with my Boots points :)


This is all I have this time, it was a bit of a smaller haul this time. I love doing these as well though, just to keep myself active here on my blog :) I'll see you next time!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts