A Summer Haul, Pt. 2!

Hi everyone,

remember when I said in my last post (three days ago...!) that I still had my eye on a few things and that I might be doing some more shopping soon? Well, it turns out that happened over the weekend. I went to a few shops in the high street, and I also did a bit bigger of a shop in Boots, so I thought I'd share those with you, especially as I promised to do so :) I did not think it would happen this soon, but I had a free weekend and it was a glorious weather so I wanted to get out and about, which didn't turn out to be too good on my wallet :/

Anyway, let's start with my clothing purchases. Firstly, I went to Primark. I'd been looking for a white, mid-length skirt that flares out for a while. I knew they had one in Primark for £14, but I was looking around a bit to see if any of the other high street shops had anything similar. Nothing caught my eye there, so on Saturday I ended up buying the skirt from Primark. The queues to the fitting rooms were phenomenal (Primark in Marble Arch on a Saturday is usually a big no-no for me), so I tried it on on top of my clothes instead, haha :D It actually looked really nice on, and I can't wait to wear it Audrey Hepburn-style with crop tops (I'm thinking of the one I bought in Milton Keynes) and a panama hat :)



Next, I went into New Look. I'm really liking New Look at the moment, though there hasn't ever really been a point in time when I didn't like it :) I recently bought new sunglasses from there, and this time I saw a really cute, plain white top with a frilly hem. I think it will be a nice, classic top to wear under cardigans, hoodies and different type of jackets (and the hem adds a bit extra), but it will also look really cool on its own with denim shorts, for example :)


Then onto my Boots haul. I needed to replace quite a few products in my skincare routine and they had "3 for 2" on all skincare, so I took advantage of that :) Firstly, I picked up a new cleanser. I really wanted to get one that would get my skin really clean without irritating it, with possibly some added benefits as well. I spent quite a long time in there looking at different options, but finally I ended up with the No7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser for Normal/Oily Skin. I really like trying out different types of cleansers, and personally I associate foam cleansers with very good pharmacy brands. The bottle also promises to dissolve makeup (some cleansers I looked at were only meant for cleansing the skin, and I want a 2-in-1 product). I became intrigued because the cleanser promises to tighten pores and provide shine-free skin, but also give you healthy-looking and bright skin. That is exactly what I'm looking for in a cleanser right now, so I have a feeling I'll be very happy with this.


I'm also running low on my Sanctuary Spa Thermal Mask, so I picked up a new face mask. I was very happy with the Úna Brennan Salicylic Acid mask I was using during the winter, so I thought I'd try something new from the same range. I picked up the Rose Hydrate Intense Moisture Mask because it promises to boost skin moisture levels and radiance. Previously, I've really only looked for masks that are anti-blemish or shine-free, but at the moment I'm really into hydrating skincare products. I think most skin types benefit from hydrating products and my skin is in no way perfectly hydrated even though it is quite oily and spot-prone, especially during the summer. The Rose Mask sounds perfect for me, it has White Willow Extract that enhances skin cell turnover and Vitamin E which I know is good for evening out skin imperfections. The mask also hydrates, plumps and replenishes the skin. If the mask works even half as good as it sounds, I'll be very happy! Plus, I just smelled the mask and it smells like roses, one of my favourite scents <3


Finally, I didn't really have any third product to replace in my routine. However, I don't currently have a toner so I thought to find a new one. I wanted to buy something from a very good brand as I'm really looking forward to having better skin during the summer and gradually decreasing the amount of makeup I'm wearing. Thus, I found myself in front of the La Roche-Posay display. In the end, I picked up their Serozinc Zinc Sulfate Solution for oily, blemish-prone skin. It is a toner that mattifies skin and makes it look less greasy and shiny. Even though I'm into hydrating products at the moment, I still feel like my skin could use something anti-blemish that controls shine. I felt this would be perfect to spray on after cleansing and before moisturiser to prevent my skin from breaking out. The brand is very good so I'm expecting good things from this. I also think that during the summer, a spray toner is a very nice refresher :)


That is all I purchased over the weekend. Quite a lot for one weekend, but at least I kept my promise for you! xD Please share with me any new products you've found, I'd love to hear about them as always!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts