November favourites



I can't quite believe it's the end of November. I always think this time of year goes by way too quickly! In any case, I want to share some of my favourite things from the past month with you - hence, this blog post!


BEAUTY


My sister gave me this Elf Clay Eyeshadow Palette in Necessary Nudes last Christmas. You might be able to see that I haven't used it much, but I've found myself really reaching for it this past month. The colours are really wearable and suitable for the festive season and blend really well, despite Elf being a very affordable brand. That's a combination you can't go wrong with!


I received a sample of The Body Shop Oils of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil, being an owner of the Body Shop Club card, a few months back. I have been using it this past month, and it makes my skin look amazingly glowy and dewy. It is an oil, so if you don't like the feeling of oil on your face I wouldn't recommend it, but if you don't mind like I don't - it's great! Just make sure to apply it in good time before you go to bed to give it a chance to sink in. I wouldn't be opposed to buying the full-size product - only this 7ml sample has lasted me more than a month and it's still going strong!


November is always the time for me to whip out the festive scented hand soap. This one is from Baylis & Harding and is "Midnight Fig & Pomegranate" scented. It smells really good and Christmassy, but will also be appropriate for January, in case we won't use it before Christmas!


BOOKS, TV, RANDOM

A TV series I've really enjoyed in November is Gavin & Stacey. I hadn't watched the series before apart from the Christmas special (cause I'll watch anything Christmas-related, tbh), which I really liked, so I thought I'd give the series a go. I'm glad I did - it's so funny and relatable! I find it extra funny because my boyfriend is from Wales (not Barry, though!). The Christmas special is still my favourite episode. I'd recommend it to anyone who's looking for a funny/comedy series to watch, as I think it appeals to so many different tastes.

I'm not a huge gamer - I've never played many video games, apart from Sims and Harry Potter 4 & 6 on PC. However, we now have my boyfriend's old PlayStation 2 in our flat, and he brought some of his old games with it. One of them is Harry Potter 5 (Order of the Phoenix) video game, and I have to say I've really enjoyed playing it, although I have to say it took me some getting used to the controller as I haven't played many console games before. I find myself totally losing track of time while I complete the tasks in the game, which I think is always a good sign!

Finally, seeing that it is November, I've really enjoyed the festive drinks being sold in various coffee shops. So far, I've only tried the Gingerbread latte from Costa - which was delicious! As an alternative, I've made hot chocolates at home, which go really well with these candy canes I bought from Lidl. They are a light, but sweet snack that I can have in the evenings ( I definitely have a sweet tooth) and feel festive at the same time!



I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourites - let me know in the comments one thing you've enjoyed in November! And now it's countdown to Christmas, right?!!?

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts