My blog turns 4!

As difficult it is for me to believe, my blog turns 4 years old today! (you can read my very first post if you're interested). I know I'm not the most consistent blogger in the world, but it's still amazing to me that this space of mine has now existed on the internet for 4 whole years. Time has absolutely flown by - but at the same time, a lot of things have happened. I thought to take this opportunity to tell you briefly all the major events that these past four years have included - this is something that will be nice for me to look back to as well.



- I have lived in 6 different houses, in three different cities (2 in the UK, one in Belgium - this has meant a lot of moving, which is one of my least favourite things to do - but I'm grateful to have seen so many different places)
- I have graduated with a Master's degree (in International Relations)
- I have travelled to five new countries - Denmark, Estonia, Belgium, Italy and the Netherlands (more than one a year! I hope to keep this trend up)
- I have found the love of my life ♡
- I have had four different jobs (one in a cafe, three office jobs - I've now stayed in my current job for almost 10 months, and I have a good feeling about it; even if it won't necessarily be my career for the rest of my life, I hope to keep it for the foreseeable future)
- I have gone through 3 mobile phones, and 2 laptops
- I have read around 20 books (10 of them this year - I definitely went through a phase of not reading many books while studying for my Master's, and since I did it part-time over two years while working, this meant that for two whole years, I barely read anything that wasn't my course material - however, I plan to change this and I think I'm on the right track, having finished 10 books in 10 months so far this year!)
- I have spent four Christmases at home (this year is the first time I'm going to my boyfriend's home in Wales - it is a little bit bittersweet to not spend Christmas with my family,  but I'm also excited for new experiences and my first British Christmas!)

That is probably a long enough list for now. Having written that all down, I'm very happy with what I've achieved while I've had this blog - one of my only regrets is actually not maintaining this blog better! (I promise to keep this as my top priority from now on - I know I've said this before, I know..) I'm hoping to do a similar post in another year's time, looking back at my fifth year blogging. I hope I'll have as impressive a list as this - or at least that I've made some great memories along the way!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts