2018 vs 2019


2018 was very good to me. I started a new job, earning the most money I've ever earned and starting to put some money aside every month to save up for a house. I moved in to a nice new flat with my boyfriend (having previously always lived with flatmates), and travelled to two new countries (and a few ones I'd been to before). In all - I had the best year of my life. However, I have a feeling 2019 is going to be even better - I'm looking forward to climbing the career ladder in my place of work, to having a solid of amount of money saved up by the end of the year, to exploring even more new countries - and overall, being happy.

I created a little overview of my 2018. Looking back, 2018 gave me so many amazing memories.


I also wanted to do a little comparison of what happened in 2018 compared to where I would like to be by the end of 2019. These questions are not extremely deep - but January always makes me want to reflect a litte bit :)

I am not really one for New Year's resolutions - but, there are a few things I'm determined to do LESS of in 2019. So (as writing them down will make me a little more accountable to fulfil them), here are my resolutions.

In 2019, I want to ... less.
  • Eat meat. I already consider myself a flexitarian, but I really want to choose vegetarian wherever I can.
  • Consume. I want to buy less things in general, but I specifically want to reduce my use of plastic. I recently bought a reusable water bottle to keep in my hand bag so that I don't need to buy drinks on the go. I already own a reusable coffee cup, but I always forget to bring it when I'm having coffee out of the home - I want to make it a habit to bring it with me. Finally, I want to choose unpackaged fruit, vegetables and other food whenever I can.
  • Check my phone. Finally, I feel like I spend too much time aimlessly scrolling through my phone. I find myself grabbing for it if there is a boring or slow moment in the film or series I'm watching, which I want to stop doing as I never feel like I've actually "seen" the film I just watched. I also feel like if I added up all the time I spend on my phone in a day, that would add up to a considerable amount of time I could do something constructive - like read a book (which I want to do more of in 2019).
  • Care about what others think of me. I think that I would go further in my job if I seemed more confident to other people, and if I voiced my opinions more. It would also save me stress, worry and double-guessing. So, this is a win-win.
I hope you enjoyed a little insight into my 2018, and what I hope 2019 brings for me. I hope your start to 2019 has been a good one!

Love,
MaddyLou

Comments

Popular Posts