Dublin


I visited Dublin this past weekend with my boyfriend (it was on my travel bucket list - so very happy to now tick that off!). I hadn't heard much about Dublin in the past - my parents visited and really liked it, but otherwise, I didn't have many expectations. Dublin definitely exceeded all of them - there is a lot to do in the city, while still being walkable. And it is surrounded by a lot of amazing nature!

Here are photos of some of the things I got up to.

O'Connell Street and The Spire

St Stephen's Green (park)

Pretty houses


Dublin Castle

Christ Church Cathedral

Temple Bar (do not go in, it is way too busy and expensive. There are a lot of much nicer, slightly cheaper bars around)

We did a short day tour to Glendalough (valley of the two lakes). It was beautiful - I definitely recommend going!

On this day tour, we also visited Kilkenny, which was the medieval capital of Ireland. The castle was gorgeous, and the town had a lot of little shops and cute pubs.


Finally, we visited the Book of Kells exhibition at Trinity College Dublin, as well as the Long Room at the Library. The Long Room was very impressive, and I would highly recommend paying the entrance fee to be able to visit it!




Our visit also included a few pints of Guinness and Kilkenny ale (not pictured).

I hope you've now got the travel bug to visit Dublin - I would heartily recommend it to anyone! Let me know in the comments if you've been to Dublin/Ireland - and one place you'd recommend everyone to visit!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts