Another Boots Haul

Hiya!

I have picked up a few things in Boots over the past few weeks, and I actually would have felt guilty if I didn't share them with you :)

So, first of all, I was in need of a new body moisturiser, so I went into my local Boots to kind of "scour the field", so to speak :) I saw that the Sanctuary Spa products were on offer (you get 300 extra Boots points if you purchase one product) and since I've previously liked their face masks, I decided to see if they had anything interesting in the body care range :) Finally, I picked up what looks to me like a basic, very classic cult product (though I haven't really seen any people rave about this product before), called Sanctuary Spa Body Lotion 24 Hour Moisturisation. First of all, I loved that the packaging said the product to be easily absorbed and lightweight (a must during the summer). What I found most interesting about it though is that it has ginger in it that stimulates circulation. I would assume it helps keep skin firm and even. The lotion also has nourishing jojoba for soft, smooth skin. I've used this a couple of times now and I can't say I see too much of a difference to any other body lotion. The packaging warns that the product warms skin and creates a tingling sensation, which I only noticed very slightly (but I also understand that as a company they have to be extra careful there). However, if I really end up loving this in the longer term, I'm sure you'll see it in a future Favourites post :)


During the same visit, I happened to walk past the hair care section and saw that they had the new Tresemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Hairspray on offer. I've previously been very impressed by Tresemmé products (I especially love their hairsprays and hair mousses, which I think are one of the best things out there to volumise your hair) and I've seen quite extensive advertising for this new one, so I decided to give it a go. I've used this one a couple of times as well, but only on up-dos, and I'm sure it will work best when used on loose waves.


The last two products I picked up on Friday. I needed a new concealer urgently, which is why I went into Boots in the first place. After a quick look at the drugstore makeup shelves, I picked up the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. I love the foundation (you might remember me including it in a lot of favourites/current makeup routine posts in the spring) so I thought the concealer must be good as well :) So far, I am actually not that impressed with it. It is definitely not heavy duty. However, I don't think I need anything super-heavy at the moment anyway, so it won't end up being a total waste of money :) But for anyone else, I'd recommend trying something different. Lastly, I'd heard that Kate Moss had come up with some new lipsticks (and other products as well) in nude shades for Rimmel, and I'd been in the lookout for a nude lipstick for a while anyway. Actually, I did not previously own any really nude lipsticks, so it was high time I invested in one :) I really like most of the lipstick shades, but in the end I picked up #45, which I think will compliment my skin tone the best, and it is also slightly berry-coloured, which I really like since I don't really own any berry lipsticks either :) So, that was a two-birds-with-one-stone kind of thing!


So that's it guys, everything I've picked up in Boots recently!

And on a more serious note, I realize the only types of posts I've been doing for the past couple of months have been either hauls or "Favourites". I just haven't really been inspired to do anything else, and if it's not "that time of the month" (meaning, time for "Favourites" :D) or I don't have any new purchases to share with you guys, I just haven't really got up to writing anything. But, all that's about to change, or at least I'm really planning on it. I do have a couple of ideas for possible posts, so watch this space - you might very well see something different next time!

Lots of love for every single one of you,

Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts