What Makes Me Happy

Hi guys,

I'm back sooner than even I anticipated! But, when you find inspiration, it is best to just go for it :)

I saw a blog post like this a while back and I thought it was such a nice idea. I definitely think it is good to sometimes take a moment and find out what are the things that make you genuinely happy. That way it is easier to cheer up on a bad day. I do love reading other people's posts like this, so hopefully you'll enjoy mine!

The first thing that comes to mind, when I think I'm the happiest I can be, is spending time with my family. It is a bit weird that I say this when I live in a different country than most of my family, but I think that makes the time we do spend together all the more special. One of the things I love most doing is just spending an evening watching a film or TV together. We have a very similar taste and we all enjoy mystery and crime series. Our all-time favourites are the film/series adaptations of Agatha Christie's books, but we also love Sherlock, Endeavour, Midsomer Murders etc.

Probably the second thing to make me super happy is spending time with my friends. With friends, I love going out to eat to restaurants or sitting down with a coffee in a cafe. I also love exploring new places :)

Now that I mentioned food, I should also say I really love food and planning nice meals. I am not much of a cook (I do like baking), but I enjoy creating (at least semi-)healthy meals. One example is the dinner I had today, which was couscous with a fried egg and green beans on top. I love finding out exciting recipes in social media (it's quite easy nowadays, I got the inspiration for this one from a Jenna Marbles vlog!) Apart from healthy meals, I also reeeeally love sweet treats, chocolate being my absolute favourite ;)


As you can probably tell by the majority of my blog posts, buying and using different beauty products makes me very happy. I am definitely very girly in that sense and love pamper evenings where I use a body scrub, wash my hair and hang around in a face mask :) I also love learning about different beauty products through blogs and beauty gurus on YouTube.

I am a huge shopaholic and going shopping is one of the surest ways to make me feel amazing :) One of the things that makes me happy in everyday life is planning different outfits and makeup looks to go with them. Sometimes I go to the length of writing down a list of outfit ideas in a notebook, which probably sounds a bit crazy :D

Kind of going with the last point, another thing that makes me happy is making plans. I mean this mostly in a short-term sense because I do feel like life usually doesn't go the way you plan anyway :) But I love planning trips and activities for when I have days off, even down to an hourly schedule :) But, I also don't get stressed out if everything doesn't go according to plan, because like I said that's what usually happens in life. Just having some kind of plans in place, even if they don't work out, makes me feel secure. Also, I love and definitely agree with the saying that looking forward to something exciting in the future might be even more fun than the thing itself :)

When it comes to little things, I really love listening to music. I don't really have a specific music genre or artist that I would love most or that would make me the happiest, but I do enjoy singing out loud :) Sometimes I even sing with the music I'm listening to in public places (not out loud though!) even though it probably makes me look silly. But, I do think we should really not care that much what other people think of us, and similarly what other people do, I feel people would be much happier that way :)

I also love reading, and enjoy reading classic books. I have a list of interesting books I want to read, I guess that list will be never-ending as I'm adding more books to it probably faster than I read the old ones, but I guess that's the fun of it :)

The last thing I can think of now that makes me happy is cleanness. I am not an extremely tidy person, though I am definitely not messy, but I love the feeling after you've cleaned your room or your bathroom and everything shines and smells amazing. Every time I take 15 minutes to give my bathroom a little cleaning, I feel so happy afterwards :)

So, these are a few of my favourite things (who else sang the last sentence like they do in the Sound of Music? :D). I'd love to hear what it is that makes you happy in the comments, or even better, if you want to make a blog post like this, please link it to me in the comments! Like I said, I love to hear what makes other people happy, it gives such a positive vibe, and it also tells a lot about someone's personality :)

You'll be hearing from me again soon!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts