June Favourites (Current Skincare Routine)

Oh hey there!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while :( I think I'm most disappointed myself, I do think that blogging is a nice way to keep your life organised and leave a "digital track" if you will, in case I want to come back to this period of my life in the future. But, I've been very busy and I actually haven't deviated much from my routine, i.e. I haven't tried out many new products beauty/makeup-wise. I don't have a lot of products to include in this Favourites, but I do have some beauty products I want to recommend to you, so I'll crack on!

I've updated my skincare routine quite a lot since I last did a "Current Skincare Routine" post back in the beginning of the year (actually, I don't think I'm using a single product I used to!). Because I'm really loving all the products in my current routine, I'll include them all here :) My current cleanser is No7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser for normal/oily skin. I've heard it's a Boots customer favourite. I use it both at night and in the morning (I think the pore-tightening, shine-free finish works in both occasions), and it is also quite effective at removing makeup. I haven't had much breakout at all recently, even though it's been very hot out, and sweaty situations usually lead to impurities :D I'm sure this cleanser is at least partly responsible. After cleansing at night, I use my La Roche-Posay SeroZinc Zinc Sulfate Solution, which is kind of like a mattifying and blemish-preventing toner. This has also helped prevent any breakout, and I love the refreshed feeling I get after using this toner, which is especially welcome during the summer :) Moreover, I'm convinced a toner is an essential part of a good skincare routine. Finally, the moisturiser I use is the Vitamin E range in the Body Shop, I currently use the Vitamin E Moisture Cream at night and the Vitamin E Aqua Boost Sorbet in the morning under makeup. They feel very rich, and I've heard that Vitamin E is great at evening out skin tone and fading out any marks. Both moisturiser smell amazing as well, like roses <3

Just to recap, I have all the products in one photo :)


In keeping with beauty, I've recently discovered dry shampoo. I know, it's been around the longest time and everyone's raved about it, but I haven't gotten around to using it since recently. I think it's mostly because when I used dry shampoo previously, I didn't do it properly, which is why it made my hair looked horrible. Now, I've started using Tigi Bed Head Oh Bee Hive! Matte Dry Shampoo that I got for Christmas (I know, I'm so late!) and I actually really like it. It's great for when I haven't washed my hair for a few days and it starts to look a bit "blah" but I don't have the time to wash it (this will happen to me around 4 days after I've washed my hair. I can go 5 days but not without dry shampoo :D). It also gives so much volume, which is why I love doing updos and messy French braids when I've used it :) I think the key to making dry shampoo work for you is aiming it at the roots, parting your hair in sections so you get the dry shampoo to go evenly, covering most of the roots. Let it sink in for a few seconds and run your fingers through your roots and give your scalp a little rub. I don't know why I gave you a tutorial on how to use dry shampoo, you all most likely know how to do it anyway :) But I actually wasn't sure until I saw Sprinkle of Glitter (love her) spray some in one of her vlogs, and it made her hair look so voluminous that I wanted to try it as well :) I still don't think it's good to use dry shampoo every day, I think it's beneficial to let your hair develop some oil itself, but around once a week should be fine :)


My makeup routine has stayed pretty much the same. However, I want to mention and recommend a few products I've hauled and promised to report back on. First of all, I've absolutely loved my Benefit Roller Lash that I included in my summer haul. It is amazing at making my lashes look extra long, and I recently got a compliment from a stranger as well! So it must be working :) I've also started using my new bronzer and powder (you can find the haul here). The Collection Bronze Glow bronzer is a very suitable shade for me at the moment, and I love that it's matte. I was afraid it might not have very good lasting power since it was extremely cheap, but I haven't yet noticed any difference to my previous Rimmel bronzer. Additionally, I only started using the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder (in 001 Transparent) a few days ago, but I'm already in love with it! I've never used a powder that was so good at mattifying my skin, it seems to soak up all the oil in seconds! It doesn't last all day, but my skin looks considerably less shiny than it did before, so I'm super impressed. A huge thumbs up for this one from me!

That is most of my favourites, I have a few random ones to add here in the end. Food-wise, I've loved eating the flavoured Yeo Valley Yoghurts. My favourite is lemon curd, it is absolutely delicious! They're mostly on "2 for £2", which is a good bargain I feel. You can also collect "yeokens" with your Yeo Valley purchases that you can bank on their website and once you've collected enough yeokens, you can exchange them for prizes and discounts. I'm not very far with my yeokens and it will take quite some time for me to get any cool prizes, but I love banking the codes all the same! :)

Book-wise, I've recently finished reading Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. During the spring, I had a sudden desire to give this book a read. I read some of the books in the series when I was younger but I can barely remember anything. Turns out, it is a classic for a reason. Yes, it is a children's book, but it makes it very easy and quick to read, and it also has some very wise thoughts in it. I'd love to have a friend like Anne :)

Finally, there's one tv series that I've only discovered during the past month and I'm already completely hooked. The show's Made in Chelsea. I think I mainly love it because it it so nice to watch a show which happens in London since I live here as well, and it's so nice to see familiar places as well as discover new ones. It's not a very informative or educational programme (hah!), but it is fun and relaxing to watch, and it reminds me of Geordie Shore which is definitely my guilty pleasure ;)

I think that's it, my favourites for the month of June. You can expect an Empties post soon, I've been collecting them for a while now! And yeah, let me know if you've loved the same things, or if you've found a new favourite product in June!

Love,

Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts