Summer Sale Haul!

So, I've been shopping. I had a bit of a shopping spree in the beginning of June (as you might have noticed, I think I did three separate haul posts in June...) and I promised myself I wouldn't need anything for a while. However, the summer sales are too good an opportunity to waste, aren't they? AREN'T THEY?? (please, please agree with me, so it's not just me who's weak :D).

Anyway, I picked up a few fashion items that I want to share with you :) It's also nice to get some fashion-y content in my blog for a change, I feel like it's recently been very beauty-focused up in here :)

The very first thing I bought from the summer sales was a denim jacket with a wool lining. I was SO close to buying one of these last winter, but now I'm happy I didn't :) It was reduced from £58 to £30 so almost half price :') And I'm so in love with this, I almost can't wait for winter so I can wear it! Emphasis on the word "almost" though, I'm enjoying summer as long as it lasts :)


The next place I went into was H&M. They are normally very cheap so I didn't expect to find any huge bargains there, but I took a little look at the racks anyway and of course, I ended up walking away with something after all :) I picked up these jogger-type, black-and-white trousers. I really like the black lining on the outer edges, I think these will look really nice with a sheer, black top (I've already worn them like that, with a leather jacket on top, and I was really feeling the look :D). These could be paired with any smart/formal kind of top, I think the contrast between the top and the casual trousers is really cool :)


Zara is one of the best places to go for summer sales, in my opinion. They always have so much stuff on sale, and they are quite pricey on a regular basis (or like medium-priced, perhaps), so you can make some really nice finds :) This summer, I didn't really find any clothes, but I picked up an accessory, a small bag :) I'd been looking for a smart bag to wear over one shoulder for a while now. I wanted something small because all my other bags are quite big, and sometimes it's nice to have something to just throw your wallet, phone and keys in, if only for nights out :) I'd really become obsessed with the Cambridge Satchel Company, I think they do such cute satchels, bags and backpacks, but unfortunately even with the summer sales on it's not really for my budget :( But, I found this bag from Zara which I think gives a similar "vibe", I love the colour (it will be a nice pop of colour with black, but it will work with anything) and it was only £9.99 :)


Finally, I picked up two tops this weekend, when I was away in South Devon. I visited Torquay, I went there for a language course when I was seventeen and went back now six years later :) It was an amazing weekend break, which obviously involved some shopping :) The high street there is so cute and cosy. Anyway, from Primark I picked up the red top. It was not on sale, but considering the regular Primark prices, it might as well have been :D I believe it was £4.... I saw the top on a mannequin, she had it on with a black-and-white, casual cardigan, and it looked so cool. I have a cardigan kind of like that that I will pair it with. I think it would look really cool with the trousers from H&M as well, actually, and it's also a really nice autumn colour, though it is kind of a summery top :) The second top is from New Look and it was on sale, it was £7. It is just so 90s and I don't yet have any rollneck shirts like this, so I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of this (though my only concern is what kind of weather I'll wear it in, if it is warm the rollneck will be hot and if it is cooler I might get cold with no sleeves... Oh well, I'll make it work :D).


So that's my summer sale haul for this year. Now that I've made this post, I'm not allowed to buy any more things! :'D I was inspired to make this video by FleurDeForce, she made a video on the things she found in the summer sales, if you want to check it out you can find it here :) I'm sure she doesn't need any advertising, especially not from me, but I genuinely enjoyed her video so maybe you will too :) She includes some affordable things in her videos and hauls as well which I think is really nice, so give her a watch!

I'll be back soon, I'm juggling a few blog post ideas, I might try to do a casual post soon as well :)

Let me know your favourite find from the summer sales in the comments, I do love a good bargain! :)

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts