January favourites


I know it's a little late, but I'd like to gather up some things I've loved throughout the past month. I always love reading these kinds of posts, especially if they include a good mix of beauty, fashion, TV, film and random favourites - so hopefully some of you will really enjoy this!

BEAUTY

I was trying to think of beauty products I really enjoyed in the month of January - but nothing specific came to mind, as I normally play it pretty safe and use the same products month in and month out.

However, there was a specific nail polish colour I really enjoyed using - called Lapiz of Luxury by Essie. It's a really nice muted lilac colour, which I think is perfect for the winter months when you are already excited for spring, even though it is not quite spring yet!


Now that I think of it, there is also one hairstyle I've enjoyed recreating in January - the half-bun,  where you create a small bun on the top of your head but leave the majority of your hair down (I found some tips on this Cosmopolitan article). I used to wear this quite a lot a couple of years ago when it first came around, but forgot about it since then. Now that I've started wearing it again, I think it's a really cute hairstyle, and perfect for second or third-day hair!

FASHION

I made quite a few purchases in the January sales this year - I'm normally not one to buy things just because they were on sale, but this year I'm looking to invest in a few key pieces that will last, and sales are a great way to get some good quality pieces with a smaller price than you'd usually pay for them.

One of my finds was this checked duffle coat from Topshop. I've been looking for a new winter coat in a dark colour, as all my current winter coats are light in colour (light grey and light blue). So, I'm happy I found this one - it's a really warm coat with a good hood (important for me, especially in the winter when it might be raining and/or snowing a lot).


BOOKS

One of my new year's "resolutions" was to read more books in 2019 - at least 12 (I don't really make resolutions, but reading more is always a goal of mine). I'm off to a good start - seeing that I've already finished 4 books in 2019! One of them was Where'd You Go, Bernadette. I think I saw this book on a list of book recommendations online. I didn't think too much of it, but decided to pick it up a couple of weeks later. I'm so glad I did - the style of writing and organisation of the book was really original, but easy to read. I also found it really difficult to put this book down as I wanted to know what would happen next - which is always a great sign!

TV & FILM

I enjoyed watching the Ted Bundy Tapes on Netflix - it's perhaps a little morbid, but the documentary was really well made and gripping.

Me and my boyfriend have really enjoyed going to the cinema this year - we've been almost every week so far in 2019! I've seen a lot of good films, but one that stands out is Green Book. When I first saw the trailer I wasn't sure it was the kind of film I'd enjoy - but I'm really happy that I gave it a chance! Despite dealing with such an important topic, the movie manages to be genuinely funny, and features some great performances.

PLACES


I went to Dublin this month (read more about it on this blog post) - and I absolutely loved it! It is definitely up there as one of my favourite places now. And since you didn't really go to Dublin if you didn't have a few pints of Guinness, I'd have to say Guinness was one of my January favourites too!

Those are some of the things I loved in January - let me know your favourites in the comments, I'd love to read them!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts