Collective Haul - Primark, Boots and Urban Outfitters

It's been over a month since I last did a haul. Granted, I haven't been shopping that much (mostly due to not having that much spare income to spend on clothes, cosmetics and all the other lovely things... sigh). I have been picking up a few new things for spring, though, which I'll share with you here :)

Firstly, one item you may have glimpsed in my "day in the life" type posts, is a new pair of flats I bought in Primark. They are burgundy, which I know is not a colour that screams "spring", but I like it nonetheless and I'm sure it will go with most outfits. Moreover, I don't have many clothes in that colour, so the flats will increase the range of colour in my outfits. I also really like the shape of them. £4 is an absolute bargain for a pair of shoes, although I can already kind of see the ends of the shoes starting to "open" (if you know what I mean), so I'm already dreading the day they'll fall apart...


I also did a hair-related shopping trip to Boots. They had on a "3-for-2" on all haircare and styling products, and I was desperately in need of a new hairspray. I repurchased the one I previously used, (because it did the job brilliantly and I also liked the scent that reminds me of hair salons), Schwarzkopf got2b 2 sexy Big Volume Push Up hairspray. I was left with deciding which two products to purchase in addition to the hairspray. I am running kind of low on shampoo and conditioner, but I am ridiculously slow at using up shampoos and conditioners. Seriously, I've had my current ones since last July, and they're not even salon-size... I think it comes down to me only washing my hair 1-2 times a week. I kind of like a messier style, and my hair doesn't get greasy even after 4 days, so I don't really see the point. Moreover, it saves time and effort, and washing and conditioning my hair is always such a chore for me ;) Anyway, back to the point. I did end up buying a new shampoo and conditioner, I also considered buying a hair mousse since I've heard they're the one thing you need for voluminous hair. However, I invested in a better quality shampoo and conditioner instead since I am using a hair oil at the moment at the ends of my hair and I thought adding a mousse might prove to be too much of a product build-up. I opted for a Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Shampoo and a Mark Hill Oh... So Smooth! De-Frizz Conditioner. The Charles Worthington shampoo looks really luxurious and promises to be "Salon at Home", and it's said to provide "red-carpet condition" for hair, which I'm really excited to test out. And a de-frizz conditioner sounds amazing for summer. I also have to say I really like the design of the conditioner with the flower print :)


Finally, I've picked up two necklaces from Urban Outfitters. I always love the style the mannequins at Urban Outfitters have but I never seem to find any one item that I would even want to try on. Also, it's ridiculously expensive there :D This time I found some necklaces on sale though that I fell in love with. Firstly, I found a long rustic gold necklace with a hanging circle and a triangle. It's just very geometric and I think will look really cool with a black jumper or t-shirt.


Secondly, I picked up a short necklace with a round silver plate, which has an "A" engraved on it (for my initial, obviously). It's very nineties. Funny story, one of my friends had spotted the exact same necklace and was wearing a "C" one when we met up over the weekend :D I love when people have a short, discreet necklace they wear a lot of the time (I don't know if you have any clue what I'm on about...), and I'm trying to make this one mine :)



That's pretty much everything I've been hauling. I still have my eye on a few new things for summer, and I'll obviously let you know if any of them end up being actual purchases :)

Enjoy the warmer weather and sunshine! Who knows how long it'll last ;)

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts