March Favourites

It's the time of the month to review the things we loved last month. In March, I didn't really have lots of beauty or fashion favourites. I tended to use the same things I did the previous months, which I found good enough and didn't feel the need to change. That said, I'm still loving the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation that I've probably used every single day. I think it is a very nice foundation for spring since it offers a bit more coverage than BB creams (that I tend to use in the summer) but is lighter than some other foundations. Also, since it has been quite sunny, I think the Wake Me Up foundation really does wake up my skin with the light shimmer (it doesn't make me look like Edward Cullen though, at least I hope it doesn't!). Additionally, I've been enjoying doing my eyebrows with powder, which I think gives a nice natural look, and it is also really easy to switch between a lighter, more natural look and a more dramatic look with powder. I just have a GOSH Brow Kit 001, and I use the shade "Dark" in that one.

The other beauty favourite I have this month, which I knew I was going to love, is the Smoothie Star body lotion and Breakfast Scrub combo from Soap & Glory (I hauled them in this post). They make my skin supersoft, but more importantly they smell amazing. The scent is a perfect mixture of sweet and salty, if that makes sense, it really does smell good enough to eat. The banana and honey give sweetness, while the coffee and almond scents kind of dull it down perfectly. They are definitely going to be a staple in my spring body skin care and help me when it's time to start baring some skin!

Now I think I'll head onto the random favourites. Let's start with food :) Obviously, I've loved all the Easter chocolates, and I'm so sad to see them go for the year. My top favourites have been Caramel Eggs and the Milky Bar egg (at £1, it's definitely been a staple for me for movie nights more often than is probably healthy). In addition, I've found a classic British treat this months, which is the hot cross bun. I really love the raisin goodness in it, and I've been eating it for dinner with jam or Nutella, and for breakfast with peanut butter. And the raisins make me feel like I'm giving my body something good, at least...

Next, a TV program that I've been loving (it's not on Netflix this time, guys) is the Girls in Love/Girls in Tears series that are available to watch on YouTube. They're based on the Jacqueline Wilson book series (which is 4 books, I think) that I absolutely loved growing up. The series is quite old, it aired around 10 years ago, and the quality, especially on YouTube, is not the best, but I love watching it for the nostalgia because I loved, loved, loved the books when I was younger. I also remember watching some episodes on TV when it aired. I've also gotten some fashion tips since the 1990s/2000s style is so in at the moment :) I'm on the third season (kind of), which is called Girls in Tears, and it's just really relaxing to watch one or two parts in the evening (with a hot cross bun or some Easter chocolate, possibly...). I might start to watch Tracy Beaker that I saw is on Netflix when I'm finished with this, just to continue my trip down memory lane...

Finally, I know I'm really, really late here, but last month I discovered Spotify. I know it's been around for ages and I have so many friends using it, but I hadn't previously signed up because I somehow thought that signing up would cost you or that it would be difficult to use. As it turns out, I was wrong in both. It's free (I don't mind the commercials) and super easy to use. I don't seriously know why I haven't gotten into it sooner, considering I love making playlists. I found a ready-made playlist that's my favourite at the moment, which is called Songs to Sing in the Car (I don't really know how Spotify works, or if it possible for you guys to find this playlist... don't kill me). My favourite song in it is Oasis - Wonderwall. It's one of those songs I've heard a million times on the radio (I'm actually not too sure where I've heard it, just around I guess) but never knew the name of. I've also seen the name Oasis, Wonderwall before, but never connected the song to the name. Anyway, it's a good song and very nostalgic :)

I think this is it for this time. I have to remind myself that I don't have to gather massive amounts of favourites each month, less is probably better for you :) Anyway, I've already started collecting some favourites for next month, and I'll try my best to get into some proper beauty and fashion things this month!

Love,
Maddy-Lou


Comments

Popular Posts