Current Everyday Makeup

I don't feel like I have any unique finds or "secret weapons", if you will, in my makeup routine, but I thought it might still be fun for me to share the makeup items I've found myself reaching for the most during this year so far. So, this is my current everyday makeup routine! I've listed the items in the order I would put them on my face as well.


Foundation
I had to include two foundations here even though I only use one at a time. It's just that I couldn't choose which one to include since recently I've alternated between the two mentioned here pretty equally. I've used either NARS Sheer Glow or Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, depending on if I want a bit more coverage (NARS) or if I want to look especially radiant (Wake Me Up). I'll buff them in with a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush.

Concealer
I've used Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer for 6 months now and it is definitely the best concealer I've tried so far. I mostly need it on my blemishes, I actually don't put it on my under-eye area since I don't get too dark there and I feel foundation is just enough. I'll use a concealer brush to cover my spots to make the product even more concealing.

Powder
Currently, I'm using Maybelline Dream Mat Powder, which I've had  a very long time. It actually annoys me that I go through powders so slowly, I'd really like to try new things once in a while but I'm too economical to buy a new one when I still have some left. I'm running pretty low on it now though (thank god), so I think I'll purchase a Rimmel Stay Matte powder next...

Bronzer
I bought the Rimmel Sun Shimmer Bronzing Compact powder towards the end of the summer last year, and for me it is multi-purpose for powdering during the summer and contouring/bronzing. I actually really like this bronzer to do the contouring as it is quite matte but it also adds a bit of shimmer so you don't need to do any highlighting (especially as I use pretty dewy foundations).

Blush
My current blush is Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in 050 Live Pink. I love this during the colder months as it is very sweet and natural. It is quite strong, though, so only a tiny bit is needed. I actually have the same problem with blushes as I do with powder, so I use them in an extremely slow pace and never really find myself needing to buy a new one. I actually only own two blushes, the other one being Rimmel as well in 012 Coral Rose. This I like to use in the summer because it is more of a peachy shade and works amazingly with a slightly tanned skin.

Eyebrows
I would do my eyebrows next, and I'm currently using a powder product, GOSH Brow Kit in 001. I'm the colour Dark in that one, and I would use a MAC 266 brush to put it on my eyebrows. I tried the Soap & Glory Archery Brow Tint and Pencil last summer and I actually really liked it, so I think I will replace the powder kit with the pencil at some point during the spring.

Eyeliner
On a day-to-day basis, I normally do not use a liquid eyeliner, but a kohl pencil. I do really like the effect a liquid eyeliner gives, but I feel that a kohl pencil is much more natural and subtle and actually suits me very well, I think. The current one I use is a Topshop Waterproof Liner in Ebony. It is a very nice one that goes on easily and is a perfect black. However, it doesn't really smudge that easily, probably because it is waterproof. I think I'll try a different one next. Let me know if you have a favourite black eyeliner that I should try!

Eyeshadow
For a simple everyday makeup, I'll usually use a light eyeshadow all over my lid and then use a darkish brown one in the crease. For the base shadow, I use a basic eye shadow brush, and for blending in the crease the MAC 217 brush is just the best.  At the moment, I only own very random eyeshadow palettes that I feel are good enough for now. However, during the spring I'm looking to invest in a good eyeshadow palette that would have all the colours in it I need. I've been eyeing the Stila In The Light palette and the Urban Decay Naked palette (the first one). What do you think I should choose, do you have any other palettes you love?

Mascara
The mascara I've used for a while now, I've probably purchased it the last three times, has been the Rimmel ScandalEyes Retro Glam mascara. I really like it, but I've started to run low on it, so I already bought a new Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying mascara that I'll start using as soon as the Rimmel one runs out (you can find my haul, where I purchased the mascara, here). I'm really excited to try it!

Lips
On a very normal day, I would probably not put anything on my lips apart from a lip balm or maybe a sheer lip gloss. If I felt like doing something a bit special one day, I would probably reach for my Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in 005 Parisian Passion. I really love it at the moment, I feel like it is subtle enough to wear in everyday life because it is kind of like a lip gloss, but at the same time it is very pigmented and also very long-lasting. It's just everything I need in a lip product :)

So, this is normally how I do my makeup. It usually takes around 15 minutes, which I feel is an amount of time I'm happy to spend on my makeup in the morning. Might be shorter for some, longer for others. I think I'll do an updated one during the spring since I feel like I might be changing up my routine slightly and also incorporating more bright and spring colours :)

I hope you liked this, and if you have done something similar on a blog post or a YouTube video please link it to me, I'd love to turn up my "nosy" and see what your staples are!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts