Visit to Boots, Nails and Dream Purchases!

How is everyone? It is really feeling like spring now, which makes me very happy :)

I had some errands to run yesterday, so I popped to Kensington High Street, which is actually one of my favourite places to shop in London (other personal favourites include Westfield White City and Hammersmith). The High Street has lots of clothing shops in close proximity, they have a big library which is a plus, and a Whole Foods and Tesco for groceries.

Incidentally, they also have a Boots, which I then went into. I had been after a night cream since at the moment I'm only using a day cream and I think my skin might benefit from a special night cream, just to give a bit more hydration and any other benefits that a cream could give overnight. I spent quite a while looking at the different brands, they did have lots of different possibilities which is always difficult for me, but in the end I ended up getting the Garnier Moisture+ Restore Night Care Recovery Gel-Cream. The gel-cream consistency sounded very interesting to me, and the restoring effect sounded good to my zit- and scar-prone skin. The cream promises to stimulate surface skin renewal with a Revival Flower extract, and I hope it will help in making my skin look brighter, as well as offer the hydration it needs. I tried the night cream already last night, and I did really like the consistency which felt light but at the same time effective. The cream also smelled really good, like a perfume. I will report back on this, the package says you can only really see the improvement in skin cell renewal after 3 weeks. Another thing which affected my purchase decision was that they had an offer on Garnier Skin Care, so I also got a new cleanser (the cream and cleanser were together £4, which I think is a complete bargain as the night cream alone would have been £3.90...). I chose the Garnier Fresh Cleansing Lotion for normal to combination skin. I've gotten kind of bored of the hot-cloth cleanser form and wanted to try something new. I've never tried a cleansing lotion that you put on a cotton pad and wipe over your face, and the Garnier one sounded good as it especially says it removes makeup, and I hope it will really do it since many cleansers I feel are meant to only cleanse the skin, and it is very difficult to get any makeup off with them without being too harsh. The only thing is, I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to use it on a dry or a wet face. Well, hopefully I'll find out...


Also, I painted my nails yesterday, and I wanted to show you as I am very excited about my nails now! I did two coats of Essie Fiji, which is probably my most used nail polish since I bought it a year ago. It was a complete summer staple for me last summer. On top, I did one coat of a glittery polish, mine is a cheap Gina Tricot one called 73 Disco that I bought in Finland several years ago, but I'm sure any kind of glitter would work here. I'm far more excited than I probably should be about my nails (or anyone else's for that matter). I usually think Fiji doesn't look too good on pale hands, which I've definitely got at the moment, but with glitter on top it actually works amazingly!


Finally, I wanted to talk about my "dream purchases", kind of like a fashion/beauty bucket list :) I do have some products that are slightly out of my budget but that I really want to purchase and try at some point in my life. One of those products used to be NARS Sheer Glow, which I actually did purchase last October. I get a very nice feeling every time I use it because it did cost quite a lot and it really feels like a luxury product.

I thought I'd share what's currently at the top of my "beauty/fashion wish list". My trip to Boots yesterday actually reminded me to talk about these since I did eye the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins mineral-enriched renewal cream. At £34.50, it is definitely out of my budget for a face cream at the moment, but I desperately want to try it! I smelled it at the shop and it smells amaaaaaaaaaazing. I can just imagine how it would be to have that scent on your face the whole night. It has so many vitamins and just sounds like a cream that would really suit my skin type. Also, everyone else is obviously crazy about this cream. I did opt for a much cheaper option this time with the Garnier night cream, but maybe one day...

The next item on my wish list would be the American Apparel Disco Pants. There's just nothing like them, I've tried to look. They would go so well with everything, and add a bit of edge to my otherwise maybe a bit bland wardrobe. I also feel that they would really complement the kind of 80s/90s style that I've felt really inspired by recently.

Makeup-wise, my next splurge item will probably be a NARS eyeshadow duo. I don't own any of them, but I've heard so many good things about them that I'd really like to try. I've refined it down to two options. I know that I'd buy a brown duo just because that's what I usually wear on my eyes and I know I would get a lot of use out of it, and because I think brown/bronze eyeshadows complement my blue eyes. If I felt more like a shimmery brown, I'd get the Isolde duo, and if I felt like I a matte brown would be better I'd get Portobello. Those are my two choices, I really hope I'll get a chance to purchase one of them this year!

It's probably been enough text for today, I think I went a bit overboard and could maybe have divided the content a bit... I just felt like writing, and if anyone's still reading I hope it wasn't overwhelming.

You'll hear from me soon (but I'll try to keep a bit of a break, I don't want you to get too sick of me)!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts