Milton Keynes! + Haul

Yesterday I made a trip to Milton Keynes. I thought I'd share here what I found and also what else in addition to shopping (even though I spent most of the time in the huge shopping centre) I got up to!

Clothes-wise, I found a kind of basic (you can find shirts like these in many shops at the moment) but still very nice top in River Island. It's bright red, it could even be classified as an orange, and I don't really own anything in that colour, so I thought it would be a nice way to "spring up" my wardrobe. It's a crop top, so I'm thinking I'll pair it with high-waisted trousers, skirts and shorts. In the picture I wore it with a light blue leather skirt which I bought in the autumn, incidentally from River Island as well, just to show you an example of an outfit. I'm really into 90s style at the moment (it's very nostalgic to me because I grew up in the 90s and I remember flared jeans, chokers, neon colours and scrunchies with a slight cringe...), and I think this top will be a nice way of incorporating the decade into my spring wardrobe :)


The next thing I bought is a cute dress from H&M, and I've actually been looking for a dress like this for a while. I'll be wearing this now when it's still a bit cold with t-shirts (like in the picture), long-sleeved shirts and rollneck shirts, and in the summer I thought it would look really nice with sandals, a red belt and maybe a panama hat. A multi-purpose piece of clothing, this one.


I also went into Boots because I'd got some coupons in the mail and I also really needed to buy a new mascara. I've previously used the Rimmel ScandalEyes Retro mascara and I really like it, but I just wanted to try something different so I picked up a new Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. I'll report back if it really is worth it ;) Next to it, I saw the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24H, which I think has been around a really long time already. I've never owned a gel eyeliner in a pot, but I've heard that they supposedly give a much better finish than pens, so I thought I might see if it is worth the extra effort. Both were in a promo as well, so they were not too expensive at all, and I got 150 extra Boots points with my coupon, which made me very happy  :)


That is actually everything I bought. Amidst shopping, I also had a cinnamon and sugar pretzel which was so good.
I'll add some photos here that I took around Milton Keynes, I might add short descriptions to a few of them.






There was a really nice park (it's called Campbell Park) that I think would be so nice to have a picnic in in the summer, yesterday it was very windy so I didn't walk around too much but the views were amazing nonetheless :)



In the MK Gallery they had a TARDIS! The theme of the exhibition there was time, and I think adding a TARDIS was such a cool idea :) And yes, I do watch Doctor Who!


So, that's what my Saturday was like this week. I hope to start doing lots more OOTDs when spring comes, I have many outfit ideas in the spirit of the 90s and I'll try to share as many as I can here. I also have a few blogpost ideas that I might do during next week, so look out for those!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts