Favourite Lip Products

You know that feeling when you have/are getting a cold and your whole body aches and then wearing clothes hurts? I wonder if that happens to anyone else. I think it's because I'm cold and constantly having goosebumps and that makes it uncomfortable to have on any clothes. Anyway, I think I'm coming up with a cold at the moment, which sucks but I haven't been sick since August or September, so I guess I can't avoid it forever. And it snowed here in London! There was white on the ground when I woke up, now it's mostly gone though. Do you want to build a snowman...? Haha.


This is what I woke up to.

I chose to do my hair in a middle parting today, usually I have a side parting but I like to change it up every once in a while. Let me know what you think!




 I did have a specific reason to make a blog post today. I wanted to share my favourite lip products. I am the kind of person who will wear all the colours of the rainbow on her lips. That was meant to mean that I'm quite adventurous when it comes to lipstick and lipglosses, not that I walk around with green lipstick...

Anyway, here are all my favourite lip products that I'll go through.


I'll start with maybe my favourite range of them all, which is the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids. They are very matte and very bright, and if you are looking for something like that in your colour collection, I'd heartily recommend this range. It is affordable and the colour indeed is very vivid, so I think you really get colour payoff for your money here. I have the shades 906 Hot Plum and 912 Electric Orange. The first one is a very nice pink-that's-almost-purple, and I remember getting inspiration to look for a colour like this from this Jenna Marbles video. Electric orange is a red/orange that I love to wear in the summer.

I also like the Maybelline Color Whisper range, which is a lot more discreet and shiny. I especially love shade 50 Cherry on Top (I like the name too), which I feel is perfect for that aniline pink lip. It is actually what I'm wearing in the OOTD/FOTD photos in the beginning of this post.


I hope you appreciate the Valentine's Day touch :)

The last Maybelline products are the Color Sensational Shine Glosses. I actually had no idea I owned so many Maybelline lip products, but I do think they have to be my favourite lipstick/lipgloss brand now that I see how many of my favourite lip products are by the brand. Anyway, I have the lip glosses in shades 360 Stellar Berry and 460 Electric Orange. The first one is a very nice choice if you want to wear a berry lip without it being too strong and matte. For a lip gloss, the colour is still quite visible. I do feel that orange lip colour suits my hair, eye and skin tone, so the Electric Orange lip gloss is a nice, more subtle alternative for the Maybelline Electric Orange lipstick.



For a neutral coral pink lip, I always opt for Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon in 04 Peach on the Beach. I used this crayon a LOT last summer, and I suspect I will do so in the coming spring/summer as well. It is a perfect choice for when you perhaps wear something quite simple on the eyes and want just a little colour on the lips. It is not very long-lasting, but fortunately it is such a subtle colour that it's easy to reapply with just a slightly reflective surface (the screen of your phone when it's black, anyone?).

My current favourite for the winter months would be Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain in 005 Parisian Passion that I featured in yesterday's OOTD. It's an interesting combination of lipstick and lipgloss, and it does stay on quite a long time, even through eating. I also think the square packaging is very modern and nice to handle.

The only MAC lipstick I own is in the MAC Matte range, the colour Russian Red. It is a very deep red, which I think is perfect for December. I'll also wear it now when it's still not spring, even though this is definitely a lipstick that I do not get much use out of. But when I do, Russian Red is the best deep red out there :)



Finally, I also included Carmex in the picture, it is my absolute favourite lip balm!

So, here are the lipsticks/glosses/in-betweens that I use most often and love the most. Do you have any of the same favourites as me? Bourjois ColourBoost, Maybelline Color Whispers and MAC lipsticks are all very popular, I think.

I'm feeling like doing a current favourites soon, I've already collected some in my notebook to include. I also have a bit more special post in mind that I'll try to do this or next week.

I wish I could add a lipstick kissmark here!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts