My New Favourite Park

I am a massive parks person. I love wildlife; the ponds, the birds, the squirrels, the trees, the plants... I can't wait for the Wildlife Garden in the Natural History Museum to open again (which I think will happen in end of March/start of April), it is one of my favourite places in London. There are quite a few amazing parks in London. My favourite used to be Regent's Park (I love the roses), then Hyde Park, especially the Italian garden part. But I've found a new favourite: Holland Park (which I didn't even realise is an actual park, I just thought it is the name of the area and the tube station. Duh).

I had a day off today and I didn't have plans until the evening, so I thought I might do some London exploring. I googled "free things to do in London" (the cheap-o that I am) and I found Holland Park, and as a park enthusiast I thought it might be worthwhile to check out (it's not too far from where I live either). I'm so glad I did!

I'll show first what I was wearing today, so a bit of an OOTD again.


So just a bit more interesting fishtail braid, and new shoes from Primark that I absolutely love! They're so cute and amazing, and I'll wear them now with tights or socks (cute frilly ones would fit perfectly), and in the summer they'll go on their own!

And then onto Holland Park, I want to share with you some pics that I took around there, I got some pretty nice shots. I just also want to say it was such a relaxing and serene experience; it was quiet apart from birds singing, it smelled amazing (like parks and nature usually smell like: mud, trees, fresh air. It is one of my favourite smells and just takes me back to very calm memories. It'd definitely be one of the things I'd smell in the Love Potion in Harry Potter. And then chocolate, of course.), and it was such a nice day as well. It is definitely essential to sometimes get back to the nature :)










I love daffodils, it's a pure sign of spring!




 My new shoes had already gotten pretty muddy at this point. I felt like Keira Knightley in Pride and Prejudice when she comes to Netherfield with a muddy hem :)






That was my day. Have you recently discovered some new interesting places around where you live?

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts