What's In My Bag?

I am going to Finland for the weekend, yay! It will actually be a long weekend, and I'm going back for a family event (it is not a funeral, so everyone can be happy :D). I am one of those people who collect a load of crap in their handbag and totally clean it out every one or two months. Now that I am going on a plane and needed to get rid of everything unnecessary in my hand luggage, I thought it might be fun to show you what I usually carry around in my bag, all my essentials and not-so-essentials!


I hope you'll be able to see the numbers, I tried to get some sort of sense and organisation so you could follow a bit better!

The handbag I'm currently using is a brown Michael Kors one with gold chain in the straps. I bought this a year ago for around £200 (or 295 € as it actually was). I had wanted a classic, durable handbag for a while and I just think Michael Kors bags are the best option on the "cheaper" side for a classic look that lasts. Brown, I thought, is just a bit more interesting than black, but still goes with everything.

Anyway, onto the contents:

1) During the winter, I always carry mittens/gloves with me, either in my bag or on my hands. My hands get very dry if I walk outside with nothing on my hands for longer periods of time, and my hands are usually one of the first places where I get cold. In autumn, I'll start wearing gloves before I start wearing a scarf. At the moment, since it still can get quite cold during the evenings, I have a fairly thick pair from Vero Moda, I bought these in the after-Christmas sale last year.

2) I keep my keys in a little pouch, just because I think there's less of a chance I'll lose them or, what's more probable, leave them at home.

3) Oyster Card and London Tube map, obviously. I have the most boring case for my Oyster, as soon as they bring out something more interesting I'll join the queue at the customer service booths!

4) I usually carry around 2-3 lipglosses, lipsticks or lip balms. At the moment, it seems to be Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in 04 Peach on the Beach and a Gosh lipstick in 145 Shocking Coral. I'm really enjoying neutral pink shades on my lips at the moment, I think it goes really well with a cat-eye and brown eyeshadow.

5) An anti-bacterial hand gel is a must. I just recently had a cold, and I'd like to avoid another one, thank you very much.

6) I still use an old-fashioned MP3 player. I've been collecting music on that for 7-8 years, I'd say, and sometimes it's really nice to go back to my old favourites :) Also, I feel like my phone battery dies often enough as it is, so I'd probably have to carry a charger if I also listened to music on it. The player is what I use to listen to Katy Perry at the moment. "I'm coming at you like a dark horse..."

7) I also have to have gum with me, if I eat or drink something with lots of sugar, I always feel like a gum afterwards. I like Wrigley's Extra Whites, cause why not.

8) I went to Millie's yesterday :) I had the Jaffa and Double Chocolate cookies, oh so good. I also have a napkin that I stole from Burger King, as you do.

9) Umbrella. I am the kind of person who ALWAYS carries an umbrella. I don't care if it looks very sunny in the morning or if it's summer or anything, an umbrella is always in my bag. Because I hate getting wet (ha-ha-ha).

10) Passport, since I don't really have any official UK ID (I guess a Finnish driver's license would be okay, but I have bad memories from the US where a European driver's license didn't always work), so I like to be on the safe side and carry it with me (in an inside pocket with a zipper, though. I've never lost my passport and would like to keep it that way. I have lost two phones, though).

11) Some brochures from when I went to Oxford and Wimbledon, and my bus tickets for tomorrow when I'm going to Gatwick.

12) My wallet. It's a Mango Touch one. I bought it last year because I wanted a classic, "grown-up" wallet. I looked for one for quite a while since I need lots of card space and often wallets don't have that many card slots. But this one does, and it's lasted me very well :)

13) Girls will know that you should always carry a tampon and a pantiliner, just in case....

14) My camera, Nikon Coolpix S5200. I'm not really that big on taking photos on my phone, or at least I always want to have my camera as well in case I come across something I want to take a good photo of. I used to be this way even before I started this blog.

15) And the award for "Most Random Thing in My Bag" goes to... a padlock! You might be thinking "eh?", I know I would. I did have a purpose for first putting it in my bag, I used to go to a gym for group lessons for a while last spring, and I used this to lock my locker in the changing room. I don't go there anymore, and I guess the reason I left it in my bag was because when I came to London last July, I thought I might need it to lock my suitcase as I was staying in a hostel in the beginning. I have no idea why it's still in my bag, I don't really know where else to put it and I guess you never know when you might need a padlock, am I right...?

16) I got some coupons from the kind people at Tesco, I've already used some and I carry this letter around in case I go in a Tesco and decide to buy something with the coupons. I am a crazy coupon lady, but living in London is expensive so you have to make it up somehow.

17) And the last thing in my bag is an obscene amount of receipts and other totally unnecessary pieces of paper. I'm one of those people who will just throw a receipt in their handbag and the crazy thing is, I don't really empty my bag that often. So, I usually have a layer of a month's worth of receipts on the bottom of my handbag.

It was actually really nice for me to see what on earth I do carry around with me on a day-to-day basis, and this definitely helped me in organising my carry-on bag for the flight tomorrow. I'll be gone until Sunday so probably no new posts for me until then. Wish me a great weekend back at home, I for one hope you enjoy your weekend wherever you are!

Love,
Maddy-Lou

Comments

Popular Posts